Rainbow Bridge

Old January 18th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MoMo via CatKB.com

Default Rainbow Bridge

Ok, I have had animals my whole life and at 31 have never heard of the
"Rainbow Bridge" until I came to this website. I looked it up online and
found the poem set to music and have not stopped crying since. What an
amazing poem and God do I hope that it is true. Thanks to everyone on here
that mentioned the RB so that I could learn about it.

Old January 18th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

I added something to the Rainbow bridge when I read it

A friend added it on their site here is the link. By the way I used to be
called No More Retail
http://members.shaw.ca/black-sky/rainbow-bridge.html

Old January 18th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

I disagree with the statement on
http://members.shaw.ca/black-sky/rainbow-bridge.html where it says:

"When an animal dies that has been especially close
to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge."

I believe that ALL pets go there whether the have a loved one here or
not and wait for someone that did not have one as it says in the
original, unsdulterated version of the Rainbow Bridge at
http://petloss.com/

Old January 18th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kraut wrote:

I disagree with the statement on
http://members.shaw.ca/black-sky/rainbow-bridge.html where it says:

"When an animal dies that has been especially close
to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge."

I believe that ALL pets go there whether the have a loved one here or
not and wait for someone that did not have one as it says in the
original, unsdulterated version of the Rainbow Bridge at
http://petloss.com/

I like that better, too. Why should only pets who had loved ones get
to go someplace nice after they die? The ones who had nobody need it
even more.

Another question. Not trying to be a smartass here, I'd be really
interested in answers: How come the pets who go to the RB wait only
for humans? What if their best friend was another kind of animal?
Wouldn't they wait for them?

Also, what if an animal had several different well-loved companions
in their life, perhaps of various species? And if those left behind
don't all die at the same time, then the first one to die will meet
up with the pet at the RB, and they'll go off over the bridge together.
Then when another of the left behind dies, there's nobody waiting for
them. No fair.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be contentious here. Now, you could
accuse me of being a bit too literal. But I just don't think that
people, animals, or combos of people and other animals pair off in
just twos. Most of us, human and non-human alike, have many loves
throughout our lives. I certainly wouldn't want to die knowing that I
only had one person (or pet) waiting for me! I want a whole welcoming
committee!

Joyce
Old January 18th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

wrote in message
kraut wrote:

[...]

Absolutely!! I used to worry about this as a kid, when one of my pets died,
and concluded that if God was really as good as I believed, he wouldn't
forget the animals, especially if we loved them so much. There's also a
verse in Ecclesiastes that says 'Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward
and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?' (Ecc. 3:21 if
anyone's interested) and I take a lot of comfort from this....in other words
who are we to say we are better than animals and deserve eternity more than
they? As most of us have seen, they are often much better 'people' than
we... And I am expecting a lot of guinea pigs to come squeaking to greet me
(I had about 16 at one stage as a kid) as well as several budgies, lots of
cats, dogs and a couple of lizards. And I'll be having a good chat with
whoever's in charge if they don't......

Old January 19th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

When we took Fritzie to the vet for his "retirement," I held him while the
doctor performed his compassionate duty and Louie read the Sikh prayer for
the dying.

Louie is a scientist and did not think much on such "supernatural" things as
spirits and crossing between dimensions to communicate between living and
dead, and suchlike until that day.

Fritzie's first fourlegged buddy was my mother's poodle, Bozer. They did
everything together: eating, sleeping cuddled up, running through the house.
Fritzie used to take a run behind the dog and jump opn his back, riding him
like a cowboy. When Bozer died at the venerable age of 16, Fritzie was
looking for him, meowing in all the spots where they used to curl up and
around the food dish they liked to share.

Before Fritzie I had a dear orange tabby named Ginger, who ran away before he
was a year old; and there was a kitten named Norman, whom I had barely a
couple of weeks before that poor thing died from a reaction to a flea
preparation.

While Louie read from the prayer book, he says he saw the three of them come
to greet Fritzie at the very moment my boy passed. Louie says he saw Bozer
and the cats come greet him; the cats had their tails up and Bozer was
wagging his tail and licking Fritzie's face. Then they left into what Louie
describes as a mist; and he said that the animals forgave me for not being a
clumsier Mama when I was younger, and said to Louie that I had made up for it
because I let Fritzie go with dignity. And before they left, Louie says they
gave him a warning: be good to his wife or he'd regret it.

I am not polishing myself up; just giving my husband's account. I didn't see
them; my energies were all on sending Fritzie good vibes so there wouldn't be
any pain or fear as he passed. Louie described all the animals to a T. He
knew my mother had had a dog, but didn't know it was a miniature poodle or
that he was black, and wasn't told that Ginger had extra toes on all his paws.

So no, I don't think the Bridge is limited to the pet-human relationship.
Animals, being free from the worldly cares that plague humankind, are far
more open to total love than we twoleggers, I sometimes think.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old January 19th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

[...]

Good point. I would like to know also.

Old January 19th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

*the animals forgave me for not being a
*clumsier Mama when I was younger

The "not" does NOT belong there!

Sheepishly-delivered blessings,
Baha

Baha wrote:
[...]

[quoted text clipped - 32 lines]

Joyce

Christmas at the Rainbow Bridge Lois Cat anecdotes 6 December 20th 06 12:12 AM
An Interesting Day at the Rainbow Bridge Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 9 September 20th 06 11:47 AM
Our cat Cinnamon is on his way to the Rainbow Bridge robert casey Cat anecdotes 24 May 16th 06 12:44 AM
Rescuer's Bridge Shirley Cat anecdotes 8 May 5th 06 03:21 AM
Christmas at the Rainbow Bridge Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 December 12th 04 12:50 AM