More recall info

Old April 9th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default More recall info

I got this post on an email list and though some of you might
appreciate these links.

Also - some information of how this recall is affecting Europe:

http://www.felinecrf.org/food_recall.htm#europe

Joyce

Many more foods--and manufacturers--have been added to the list since
I posted, so here is a source for the most up to date information:
http://tinyurl.com/3bmvc5

On this page, in the second paragraph, you will have the option of
clicking on these:

The Pet Food List, run by the folks at PetsitUSA, is tracking the
brands NOT under recall.

The Pet Food Tracker is listing those that HAVE been recalled. This
is important to check, because the official FDA site has been slow to
report. (PDF)

I've gotten a few questions about the dry-food brand I mentioned that
I feed my dog. Wysong is (apparently) safe, according to the first
list, which was just updated as follows: Wysong (verified by company
3/27/07)

* Menu Foods is used for 2 canned products but not involved in
recall. These are Au Jus (chicken, duck, turkey, NOT rabbit) and
Stew & Gravy (beef & chicken)

* All other foods manufactured in their own facilities (2
factories) in the US.

* No wheat gluten is used in their products.

* All products are from the US

Old April 9th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
I got this post on an email list and though some of you might
appreciate these links.

Also - some information of how this recall is affecting Europe:

http://www.felinecrf.org/food_recall.htm#europe

Here's what Nutro says about exports to Europe:

http://www.nutroproducts.com/mfintl.asp

They claim that none of the recalled products were exported outside
North America. I'm relieved, because the few times I feed Caliban
store-bought cat food, it is Nutro pouches or Whiskas. I have a stash
that I was going to send to the island with my brother next time he goes
out. I'll obviously check the dates and codes first, just in case.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old April 9th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
[...]

Wow! I had never considered the possibility that some of these products
might have made their way into products sold in Europe. With globalization,
I guess that shouldn't surprise me.

MaryL

Recall jofirey Cat anecdotes 1 April 7th 07 11:49 PM
Pet Food Recall Info [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 April 6th 07 10:38 PM
Pet Food Recall Info [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 April 6th 07 02:55 PM
PET FOOD RECALL: Info from the ACVIM PawsForThought Cat health & behaviour 1 March 27th 07 01:52 AM
SERIOUS: Pet Food Recall -L. Cat rescue 2 March 19th 07 04:33 AM