Next year's Jellical Ball

Old November 3rd 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Next year's Jellical Ball

Ok we all know we love this group, and we all know =how much we appreciate
the gigantic efforts of those in the past. I think we cal all agree that we
like tradition, so now to look ahead.

What kitty is interested in doing the calling of names? We should all hang
our heads for not offering to help in this task in the past.

if we want a host and hostess (an excellent idea from the past) how do we
want to go about picking them?

I hope someone keeps looking back and posting on the history of the group.

Thank all of you who made this ball and wedding so wonderful. And, I did
not get the idea, it was commented on, that no cat from past of present was
not welcome.

Lets us gather together and ask Bast's blessing on us all.

Old November 3rd 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_2_]

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:33:39 -0500, Granby's nimble, little paws typed:

Ok we all know we love this group, and we all know =how much we appreciate
the gigantic efforts of those in the past. I think we cal all agree that we
like tradition, so now to look ahead.

What kitty is interested in doing the calling of names? We should all hang
our heads for not offering to help in this task in the past.

if we want a host and hostess (an excellent idea from the past) how do we
want to go about picking them?

I hope someone keeps looking back and posting on the history of the group.

Thank all of you who made this ball and wedding so wonderful. And, I did
not get the idea, it was commented on, that no cat from past of present was
not welcome.

Lets us gather together and ask Bast's blessing on us all.

I think that these positions should pass, from year to year, to
another cat so that ALL kitties in the community have the opportunity
to become part of the Jellicle Ball. It seems to me that to share the
positions is a fundamental part of being in a community, and the way
to be fair and inclusive to all.

I'm no fan of "positions for life"; IMO that notion smacks of
dictators in downtrodden third-world countries.And the notion of the
Host and Hostess sounds wonderful to me.

Anycat could be nominated by any other cat, or nominate themselves,
and we are so small that a simple consensus would decide it.

How's that sound?
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
11/3/2007 5:36:09 PM
Old November 3rd 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Well, I thinks Dan wud be gud at da namez kallin fingie, anda I finks a
husband and wife kity team should do da hostz and hostez fing. Mme Annais
haz catz at herown houze dat kud to diz fing. We haz sum gud zanplees to
follow. Whacha finkz?
Ms. Piglet being grateful to have been able to sit at the guest book and
thinks that a different kitty should be allowed to sit with those who do
thiseach year. They can learn from Kissa all the arrangemnts that go into
this event.

Old November 4th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Maxwell

Meow. My name is Maxwell. My sisfur Callie and I usedta play here
back in thuh day. But, as some kitties and hoomins said in thuh other
thread (points paw to "Questionz" thread), life sorta got inna way of
our having fun. Our hoomin is a pitiful secatary, indeed. She finks
making toonas, among other fings, is more impurrtant than letting us
play! Can yoo imagine?!

Anyway, I know I'm just anuffer voice from thuh past that yoo may knot
want to lissen to, but I would just ask that yoo wait a bit befur
giving away thuh Caller of thuh Names posishun. We unnerstand that
we, as a group, left after fighting so hard to win this safe place for
kitties, and that duzzent give us as much voice as we would enjoy had
we stayed. Howevfur, Mietze nevfur left. She has alwayz been a part
of rpcc, evfun if she's been furry quiet at times, fur furry gud
reasons of herown. And, honestly, we in our House aren't convinced
she rilly wants to retire just yet. Her place in thuh Jellicle Ball
ceremonies means furry furry much to her and to lots of other kitties,
d*gs, and hoomins. We don't wanna see her pushed out, and that's whut
her retirement announcement feelz like to us. And, rememfur, this
posishun is knot a once-a-year one, eiffur. Mietze is furry dillygent
about keeping a list of thuh Honorees throughout thuh year, offering
comfurrt as only she and her mom can, and asking how to Name thuh
Honoree, and informing thuh bereaved hoomin of the Calling. This is
knot an easy job but it is a furry impurrtant one, and one that
duzzent need to be passed around evfurry year because thuh
consequences shud a nooly elected kitty not fulfill thuh dooties
(evfun if through no fawlt of their own) are too much to risk. So
many kitties and hoomins rely on thuh Jellicle Ball ceremony evfurry
year as a means of comfurrt and support. Yoo have seen how many return
to purrticipate. That is because it *duz* mean so much. We,
purrsonally, fink of this posishun as one whut rekwires an advanced
degree, and Mietze is thuh one who earned it.

Maxwell, speaking for Callie, Chloe, Duncan, and Jack

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
[...]

I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

Old November 4th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
squiffer

Dere's dis petishun fur keeping Melissa. She rezined after sumkitty's
sekretary flamed her off-line. Maybee Dan is gud, but I vote no on Dan.
Burt

: Well, I thinks Dan wud be gud at da namez kallin fingie, anda I finks a
: husband and wife kity team should do da hostz and hostez fing. Mme Annais
: haz catz at herown houze dat kud to diz fing. We haz sum gud zanplees to
: follow. Whacha finkz?
: Ms. Piglet being grateful to have been able to sit at the guest book and
: thinks that a different kitty should be allowed to sit with those who do
: thiseach year. They can learn from Kissa all the arrangemnts that go into
: this event.
: "Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
: ...
: On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:33:39 -0500, Granby's nimble, little paws typed:
:
[...]
: --
: Purrs,
:
: Mme. Anaïs
: 11/3/2007 5:36:09 PM
:
:

Old November 4th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Irealy think that these decisions are premature.
These positions were taken on voluntarily,
with all of the everyday work that they entailed,
culminating in one of our most poingnant traditions, the Ball.

In past years, no one has volunteered to do the hard work,
or the creative effort of either doing nor modifying the doing
of these selfless tasks.

I've olny been into rpcc for 5 or 6 years, but it has always been
a collaborative effort of creative, funloving and caring individuals.

I am sick at heart at this turn of events. One has the right to their
viewpoint, but should not work to the detriment of the group.

Do we need a cooling-off period, before making rash decisions?
I think perhaps so.
--
Pitô.ônya

Old November 4th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Maxwell

Yoo sed much bedderer whut I was trying to convey. Fangu. sigh
And to fink thuh other cats in mine house voted me spokeskitty cuz I'm
usually more polite than them.

Maxwell

Old November 4th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Fangu, buttid in reedin da lazt few dayz poztz,
I iz nottid da olny wun hu sed deze tingz.

Sqooz me, buttid I haff tu wype meowmeez eeyz wiff mine tayle, hur haz MMS.
--
Pitô.ônya

"squiffer" wrote in message
Dis furrson be smart...yaya.
Frau Freya

[...]
: ...

Old November 4th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
hizmuther

Melissa's work has been a daily task for years. She's kept track of
the cats and other family members who've passed away over the years.
It's not been an easy task but has been a labor of love. Many of us
count on her, through thuh voice of Mietze, to keep track and post the
ceremony at the end of what's always a busy year for everyone. I
never remember the ball until it's almost here but always I check the
list carefully and try to pay proper respect. I personally don't want
anyone else taking over this task. I don't have faith that someone
else can do it as wonderfully as Melissa. Dolores