Shadow

Old December 30th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Shadow

I think Shadow was in the house again last night, I got up in the night to
go to the bathroom I think he must have been asleep some where and I woke
him because I heard the flap go with a bang. I know it wasn't Snoopy or
Baggy, I suppose it could have been another cat but I hope it was Shadow.

I'm almost certain he's never been a house cat, he probably comes from one
of the nearby farms, I think he's made great progress so far, which since he
was neutered seems to be quicker. I'm still letting him set the pace but
hopefully sometime he'll be part of the family.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 30th 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Adrian" wrote in
:

I think Shadow was in the house again last night, I got up in the
night to go to the bathroom I think he must have been asleep some
where and I woke him because I heard the flap go with a bang. I know
it wasn't Snoopy or Baggy, I suppose it could have been another cat
but I hope it was Shadow.

I'm almost certain he's never been a house cat, he probably comes from
one of the nearby farms, I think he's made great progress so far,
which since he was neutered seems to be quicker. I'm still letting him
set the pace but hopefully sometime he'll be part of the family.

What goes bump in the night? Cats!

Andy
Old December 30th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
I think Shadow was in the house again last night, I got up in the night to
go to the bathroom I think he must have been asleep some where and I woke
him because I heard the flap go with a bang. I know it wasn't Snoopy or
Baggy, I suppose it could have been another cat but I hope it was Shadow.

I'm almost certain he's never been a house cat, he probably comes from one
of the nearby farms, I think he's made great progress so far, which since
he was neutered seems to be quicker. I'm still letting him set the pace
but hopefully sometime he'll be part of the family.

We are purring for him to get comfy with you- his curiosity bringing him in
the house is a great sign. Hope Snoopy and Baggy aren't too offended.

We had a visit from two of our local tomcats yesterday, very genial
together. It's always kind of funny because my boyz are horrified by them,
and the boys outside, in almost any weather, seem thoroughly laid-back and
unperturbed. "Dude-- relax! Chill! There's plenty of territory for all of
us!" they seem to say, while Stinky yells "Come over here, I dare ya!"

I hardly ever see stray or feral queens around here-- just good-natured,
big-headed tomcats.
Makes me wonder where they come from. Maybe they bud.

Old December 30th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Outsider wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in
:

I think Shadow was in the house again last night, I got up in the
night to go to the bathroom I think he must have been asleep some
where and I woke him because I heard the flap go with a bang. I know
it wasn't Snoopy or Baggy, I suppose it could have been another cat
but I hope it was Shadow.

I'm almost certain he's never been a house cat, he probably comes from
one of the nearby farms, I think he's made great progress so far,
which since he was neutered seems to be quicker. I'm still letting him
set the pace but hopefully sometime he'll be part of the family.

What goes bump in the night? Cats!

Dunno about yours, but too often that "bump in the night" is
a leap onto my sleeping body! (Followed by a second, since
it usually occurs during a game of "tag" in the wee small
hours.)
Old December 30th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
:

Outsider wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in
:

I think Shadow was in the house again last night, I got up in the
night to go to the bathroom I think he must have been asleep some
where and I woke him because I heard the flap go with a bang. I know
it wasn't Snoopy or Baggy, I suppose it could have been another cat
but I hope it was Shadow.

I'm almost certain he's never been a house cat, he probably comes from
one of the nearby farms, I think he's made great progress so far,
which since he was neutered seems to be quicker. I'm still letting him
set the pace but hopefully sometime he'll be part of the family.

What goes bump in the night? Cats!

Dunno about yours, but too often that "bump in the night" is
a leap onto my sleeping body! (Followed by a second, since
it usually occurs during a game of "tag" in the wee small
hours.)

ouch!

ouch!

Old December 31st 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Adrian wrote:
I think Shadow was in the house again last night, I got up in the night to
go to the bathroom I think he must have been asleep some where and I woke
him because I heard the flap go with a bang. I know it wasn't Snoopy or
Baggy, I suppose it could have been another cat but I hope it was Shadow.

I'm almost certain he's never been a house cat, he probably comes from one
of the nearby farms, I think he's made great progress so far, which since he
was neutered seems to be quicker. I'm still letting him set the pace but
hopefully sometime he'll be part of the family.

I've been thinking about Shadow a lot, along with Four and Star. I'm
rooting for him to take up the family life sooner rather than later!

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old December 31st 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Got this from a friend and thought it might apply to Shadow.
TIRED CAT
A tired-looking cat wandered into the yard. I could tell from
his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home.

He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep in
a corner.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.
The next day he was back, resumed his position in the hall,
and slept for an hour.

This continued for several weeks.
Curious, I pinned a note to his collar:
"Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his
collar:

"He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch
up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"

Old December 31st 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

I'm certain that Shadow is a feral, I first saw him about five years ago
eating cold potatoes that I'd put out for the birds. At first he would run
away even from someone looking out of the window, gradually he got more tame
and now lives in the Summer House where he has a cosey bed and gets fed
every day. I had him neautered earlier this year and he's improved more
quickly since then, he accepts pettings now but hasn't purred yet, I'm sure
he will sometime in 2008.

Old December 31st 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

That did make me think of Smokey (RB) he would sometimes go next door for a
rest. My neighbour pretended not to like cats, one day he said to me "that
blooming cat of yours" I said "what about him?" he said "he's been asleep on
my bed for the last three hours"

I miss them both, my neighbour was only 65 when he died. :-(