Is it wrong to want another purebred?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8th 05, 08:41 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:51:56 -0400, "Mary"
wrote:

Bet he also cried for love of you. No good daddy wants to see
his little girl hurting. It sounds like you and your parents have a
great relationship--like friends. That is the best kind and the kind
that lasts.

Oh, yes. When my first cat, I knew he was crying for me. He liked teh
cat okay, but his tears were for me. He went out and dug the grave
while my mom took me to the nursery and helped me find a good plant to
be her grave marker.

The dog was different though. I have found that my dog is sensitive to
rejection from the animals, and he tends to get miffed at the animals
that don't accept him as easily. Unfortunately, the animals pick up on
it, and becomes a cycle. And a rescued, spooky dog is not going to be
as trusting. He had towork hard to get Jenny to come and cuddle with
him, and I know that meant a lot.

But Seus Jay was a very special dog. She loved everybody with great
enthusiasm. She's the one who really brought about his conversion. She
was very well behaved, rarely got in trouble. She had a great barking
system when left outside. She'd yip once a minute or so. Enough to
remind you, but not enough to be annoying. She really was a very
special dog, and she reached into his heart and snagged it. She's the
one who could lay in the walkway and not have to get out the way (she
went blind, so he excused her).

All of our animals owe her a tribute for her "work".

And this dog was a "mistake". She was supposed to be an old quiet dog
for my grandmother after she was widowed. She was the only quiet dog
at the shelter, so my parents picked her. She lasted 3 days at my
grandma's house. After that, she was mine

Damn good mistake, if you ask me

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography