A Week of Surprises for Buffy

Old September 24th 15, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A Week of Surprises for Buffy

First Buffy discovered there is a magic set of steps that pull down from
the ceiling. (The air conditioning guy was here on Monday and the
disappearing steps to the attic seem to have left her puzzled.)

When I adopted Buffy it was already hot and humid outside so the AC was
running. The house has been shut up tight with only recirculating
filtered air for months.

Ah, but overnight the temps dropped! It is delightfully cool outside!
(Typical, I just had the air conditioner serviced.)

Even though it is raining (gently) it's not humid. It's about 66F/19C
temperature-wise, so far today. So this morning I opened the windows.

Buffy was stunned at this new development. What's this? The windows
actually open?! Yes, when it's lovely cool weather like this.

For a while she was sitting on the pet steps by the window in the dining
room, sniffing the nice fresh air. Then I opened the screened door to
the patio. Oh my!

Buffy is enjoying the lovely coolness and the fresh air as much as I am.
Most of the year I feel as if I'm living in a hermetically sealed jar.
It's wonderful when I can open the windows. Buffy seems to like it,
too.

Jill
Old September 25th 15, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 9/24/2015 2:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Cats are so funny when they can smell the fresh air coming in the
windows. Mine will first sit and look at the open window and smell the
air. Then they have to check it out closer and jump up in the open window.

Ann
Old September 26th 15, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

First Buffy discovered there is a magic set of steps that pull down from
the ceiling. (The air conditioning guy was here on Monday and the
disappearing steps to the attic seem to have left her puzzled.)

I thought it was so cute that after you closed the door to the attic, she
sat underneath it, staring up to see if the magic stairs would come down
again! How long did she stay there waiting?

Even though it is raining (gently) it's not humid. It's about 66F/19C
temperature-wise, so far today. So this morning I opened the windows.

Buffy was stunned at this new development. What's this? The windows
actually open?! Yes, when it's lovely cool weather like this.

For a while she was sitting on the pet steps by the window in the dining
room, sniffing the nice fresh air. Then I opened the screened door to
the patio. Oh my!

Buffy is enjoying the lovely coolness and the fresh air as much as I am.

Aww! See, she can enjoy the smell of the outdoors without going out there!

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old September 26th 15, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

First Buffy discovered there is a magic set of steps that pull down from
the ceiling. (The air conditioning guy was here on Monday and the
disappearing steps to the attic seem to have left her puzzled.)

I thought it was so cute when, after you had closed the door to the attic,
she sat right under it staring up in case the magic stairs came down again.
How long did she sit there waiting?

Even though it is raining (gently) it's not humid. It's about 66F/19C
temperature-wise, so far today. So this morning I opened the windows.

Buffy was stunned at this new development. What's this? The windows
actually open?! Yes, when it's lovely cool weather like this.

For a while she was sitting on the pet steps by the window in the dining
room, sniffing the nice fresh air. Then I opened the screened door to
the patio. Oh my!

Aww! Even an indoor-only cat gets to enjoy the Out in some ways.

Old September 26th 15, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/25/2015 9:35 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

First Buffy discovered there is a magic set of steps that pull down from
the ceiling. (The air conditioning guy was here on Monday and the
disappearing steps to the attic seem to have left her puzzled.)

I thought it was so cute that after you closed the door to the attic, she
sat underneath it, staring up to see if the magic stairs would come down
again! How long did she stay there waiting?

She wasn't actually waiting. She'd wander into the hallway over the
next day or so and sit there staring for a few minutes, as if trying to
figure it out. She knows she isn't crazy. There was definitely a
folding staircase there.

Even though it is raining (gently) it's not humid. It's about 66F/19C
temperature-wise, so far today. So this morning I opened the windows.

Buffy was stunned at this new development. What's this? The windows
actually open?! Yes, when it's lovely cool weather like this.

For a while she was sitting on the pet steps by the window in the dining
room, sniffing the nice fresh air. Then I opened the screened door to
the patio. Oh my!

Buffy is enjoying the lovely coolness and the fresh air as much as I am.

Aww! See, she can enjoy the smell of the outdoors without going out there!

Yep! And she has been enjoying it. I've been enjoying the cooler
weather, too. It's nice to be able to turn the AC off.

The hummingbirds are still zipping around. Lots of other wild birds,
too. She can hear them and see them. She really doesn't get very
excited about hummingbirds. She doesn't make those chatty sounds Persia
did.

She loves sitting on the pet steps by the window in the dining room.
She almost looks guilty when I see her sitting there. Buffy, enjoy!

Jill