First of many?

Old July 16th 15, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default First of many?

Aged 11 months and 4 days- I got in tonight and fed the cats....WHOA! Spirit regards the kitchen windowsill as her throne but she isn't there and even stranger she didn't appear at dinner time. This is Spirit - I mean we nicknamed Bonnie "The Gannet" for her appetite and when I feed the pair of them now Bonnie looks on in shock at the sight of a high powered eating machine hitting the food then looks at me as if to day "I was NEVER that bad"!

So I look in all the usual places- no sign of Spirit- she can't have got out the window as it's too small - find myself thinking am I sure about that?

Dave then says the last time he saw her was when the nurse was round and he hasn't seen her since. Check the landing and stairs- no sign. Could she have followed the nurse out without being noticed? If so could she have got out?

Come back in and turn the flat upside down whilst calling for her....

No sign of her....

Convinced she must have got out somehow I sit on the loo to formulate the next stage of trying to find her- at least she's chipped.

Look up and the little sod is sitting on the side of the bath!

Her very first BCT!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 16th 15, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/16/2015 4:33 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
[...]

Whew! That must have been a relief. Gotta love it when they do BCT's!
Sometimes it seems they've been beamed up to the Mothership. They
disappear, then suddenly appear again. We know it's mostly BCT's but...

I'm a huge proponent of microchipping. I'm glad Spirit simply turned up
as if out of nowhere.

Jill
Old July 17th 15, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
[...]

________

What a relief! And what is her excuse for not appearing at dinner time? as
for those of us who have cats that are, erm, fond of their food, not
appearing at meal times is a serious and worrying thing. I'm glad it was
just a BCT.
I told Boyfie about it and he sez she is norty and shouldn't have had any
dinner at all that day ;-)

Tweed

Old July 18th 15, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:50:48 PM UTC+1, Christina Websell wrote:
And what is her excuse for not appearing at dinner time?

That was when I got worried- couldn't see her when I got in and Dave said he hadn't seen her in ages so I said "There's a quick way to find her" and put some food down and when she didn't show that was when I started to worry

Old July 18th 15, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

I always ring a dinner bell when i put the food down. Cotton just sits where she is as if to say "so what?". When SHE is ready, she comes and samples her food.
Old July 19th 15, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mike Mayers" wrote in message
I always ring a dinner bell when i put the food down. Cotton just sits
where she is as if to say "so what?". When SHE is ready, she comes and
samples her food.

Boyfie is always ready for his food an hour before it's due, and if he said
"so what?" I'd know he was ill. He's a real food hound.

Old July 24th 15, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

This business with Spirit is now getting ridiculous!

We worked out her hiding place is in the hallway on a bookcase that's hidden by some boxes but tonight she's not even turned up for supper! Dave says she used the litter box earlier and when Bonnie went to investigate he heard her hiss- but since then nothing and even Bonnie seems to be off her food

I'm such a neurotic Meowmie I'm thinking of pulling everything out to find and worried I'm going to find she's died so in the end I pulled everything apart.

She's on top of the lower shelf on the bookcase- I reached in and she wasn't moving.... So I pulled her out. She glared at me.! I took her to the food bowl and she jumped down and ate (perhaps this is a hint that in future she'd like her meals served to her whilst she lazes around) then used her litter tray and is currently having a wash but also eyeing her way back into her hiding place

It's just weird when we got her she was the most amazingly confident kitten but over the last week or so she's taken to hiding and not coming out- it could be having discovered BCT's she's really practising them

She's gone back to the bookcase- we've reached a compromise- there was a box in the way that can be thrown out (I always keep the original packaging when I buy a new computer just in case it needs to go back at least for the first couple of months but I've had this PC for 3-4 months so even though I am not ROO impressed with it- it's staying) This means she can get into the bookcase and I can just glance as I walk past to see if she's there

This of course means she'll be looking for somewhere else to hide...

Old July 24th 15, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 7/24/2015 12:28 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
[...]

Just a suggestion - if you find her new hiding place, don't do anything
to change it. That way you'll know where she is when she disappears.
Koala kept disappearing and I spoiled several of his hidey-holes before
he found the latest one. Now if I can't find him, there's a 98% chance
he's under one of the recliners in the living room.
Old July 26th 15, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 9:03:16 PM UTC+1, Joy wrote:

Just a suggestion - if you find her new hiding place, don't do anything
to change it. That way you'll know where she is when she disappears.

We've reached an amiable agreement- I can get a glance of her when I go past the bookshelf so I don't disturb her and she's happy with that

Old September 15th 15, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Stop feeding hidey cats for two days. They'll soon come out.
I had to do this when Boyfie eventually came in.
Took 4 months before he would eat in my home and even then out to the hills
if he saw me.
It was about 7 years before he decided he was comfortable with me and that's
the meowmie he always wanted.