Where is Everyone?

Old September 9th 15, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Where is Everyone?

I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

Jill
Old September 9th 15, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 06:09:07 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

Can't speak for anyone else, but after a computer crash,
it took a week to get things back and catch up with the
setup for newsgroups, THEN a major heat wave is hitting
SoCal and it never got lower than 79 here tonight, and
was 93 for the high yesterday.

It's expected to be hotter today, maybe 96.

Old September 9th 15, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

Can't speak for anyone else, but after a computer crash,
it took a week to get things back and catch up with the
setup for newsgroups, THEN a major heat wave is hitting
SoCal and it never got lower than 79 here tonight, and
was 93 for the high yesterday.

It's expected to be hotter today, maybe 96.

Computer crash and hot weather sucks.

It was supposed to cool off here this week. It's 80°F right now and
it's not even 9AM. That's better than 96, though.

The problem here is at least a bit of rain every day (on Labor Day it
poured all day long). The humidity is awful. It just won't go away.
Walking outside is like getting slapped in the face with a hot towel. Ugh.

I took advantage of a two day break in the rain last week to wash the
pollen off the windows outside. (It was particularly thick this year,
thankfully I don't have allergies.) I needn't have bothered. It's so
humid the windows are completely wet when I get up in the morning. Or
else it rained during the night.

So much for looking out my nice recently cleaned windows. Heh.

Meanwhile, Buffy lost her golf ball. I can usually find it. Not this
time. Ah, but Buffy doesn't know, I have a stash of golf balls.

Jill
Old September 9th 15, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 08:43:52 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

It was supposed to cool off here this week. It's 80°F right now and
it's not even 9AM. That's better than 96, though.

The problem here is at least a bit of rain every day (on Labor Day it
poured all day long). The humidity is awful. It just won't go away.
Walking outside is like getting slapped in the face with a hot towel. Ugh.

It's now 78 outside, at 7am.

Humidity isn't THAT bad here, but it is higher than usual,
and we had some thunderstorms over the mountains yesterday.
Flooding in a few areas, and more expected today.

But by next week, things should be back to normal,
daytime highs about what are low was today, and lows
back in the low 60s.

And IF things work out as expected, rain should start
soon, and it could be very heavy this year. Maybe.

Old September 9th 15, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

Jill

I don't want it to be me all the time keeping it going. The simple thing is
that there is no route to usenet now unless you already have it and usenet
groups are dying. So use it or lose it.
Facebook rspca is not for me. By the time I've noticed something it's moved
on and I cannot get back to it. Btw, Harri Roadcat is very ill and I
couldn't get back to Dan to offer some money towards her vet bill.
I was helped myself with Boyfie's Big Operation costs and would like to
assist. Every little helps.

Old September 9th 15, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 18:45:16 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

Jill

I don't want it to be me all the time keeping it going.

No you, but your cat and any other cats you know.

GLyN isn't happy with the weather right now,
AND he wasn't happy that I dog-sat for a few
days, but he came in last night and head-butted
me before eating and running, his normal routine.

Not quite noon here, and already 98 degrees.

Old September 9th 15, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 10:09:10 AM UTC, jmcquown wrote:
I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

I pop in most days but really don't have much to report- Spirit's overgrooming stopped, she's a bit bald in places but everything is growing back slowly and she's been checked over by the vet again and once again all tests were fine. Kylie says we'll have to wait for her to get her full winter coat for her to return to full floofiness but she's eating well (too well Bonnie thinks), playing, doing her toilet business and lap snuggling as normal.

Bonnie's also fine she's curled up next to me as I type this

I've been busy in real life as well- one of my colleagues quit and the other one is on leave for 3 weeks and we can't get a temp until Friday so this week I have been covering 3 posts (thankfully people are on holiday so I don't have a fully staffed team or they'd have carried me out on a stretcher by half way through yesterday) and I've been spending a lot of time doing online courses (some for career development some just for intrest)

Dave finally started physio and is doing okay but due to the cuts in theory (it may not happen) he can't have any after the end of this month so not sure what's happening there. District nurses are the usual mix of good, indifferent, bad and insane. Monday one said she wanted to refer him to Social Services so he could go to a day centre and when he said he didn't really fancy the idea of staring at the telly all day she said they had courses like for example he could learn to read and write English!

So that's my touching base

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 9th 15, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

Jill

I don't want it to be me all the time keeping it going.

No you, but your cat and any other cats you know.

GLyN isn't happy with the weather right now,
AND he wasn't happy that I dog-sat for a few
days, but he came in last night and head-butted
me before eating and running, his normal routine.

Not quite noon here, and already 98 degrees.

It's quite nippy here. Only 10c in my bathroom this a.m. I considered
lighting the woodburner. Threw a blanket on myself instead.

Old September 9th 15, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

Jill

I don't want it to be me all the time keeping it going. The simple thing is
that there is no route to usenet now unless you already have it and usenet
groups are dying. So use it or lose it.

You're not the only one, but I know what you mean. I feel like everyone
must be getting tired of Buffy stories. But she's truly a sweet cat.

Facebook rspca is not for me. By the time I've noticed something it's moved
on and I cannot get back to it. Btw, Harri Roadcat is very ill and I
couldn't get back to Dan to offer some money towards her vet bill.
I was helped myself with Boyfie's Big Operation costs and would like to
assist. Every little helps.

I'm sorry to hear about Harri Roadcat. I was thinking about Dan just
the other day and wondering about the infamous Roadcat. I'm sorry to
hear she's ill.

Jill
Old September 9th 15, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 20:27:06 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

It's quite nippy here. Only 10c in my bathroom this a.m. I considered
lighting the woodburner. Threw a blanket on myself instead.

I'd be THRILLED with that temp, and
GLyN would probably stay the night and sleep on the bed with me.