Boyfie has his own toilet paper!

Old September 11th 15, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie has his own toilet paper!

Well, I got fed up with using my nice stuff to pick up the bath poo, so I
bought some really cheap stuff just for him.

I've only had to use the cheap stuff once as he hasn't pooed in the bath for
4 days (!)
When I was overfeeding him for weight gain, lasting out overnight was
unlikely, but now he's back to normal weight and normal feeding he doesn't
do it. But he does kind of threaten that he might, by meowing at my bedroom
door at 6.45 a.m. I ignore him, so then he gallops up and down the stairs,
saying "if you don't get up NOW, I will poo in the bath."
So I get up. He runs down the stairs to his food bowl "any chance of
breakfast?"
So I got wise to this. But I never know if he means "get up now or there
will be an accident in that bath, or get up because I want breakfast."
Could be either. Sometimes I take a risk. And buy cheap toilet paper for
when I get it wrong.
Tweed

Old September 13th 15, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

It got used this morning. I think he is unable to hold out sometimes
overnight now that he is getting older. Even when he is out until 11.30 pm.
The only thing that irritates me is that there is a litter box fired up
with his preferred earth and leaves two steps away from the bath. So why
won't he use it?
When Kitty Farmcat got very elderly and confused and forgot she could go out
even when the door was open, she took to a litter box immediately. With
normal cat litter in.
Even at the vets, Boyfie would not use a box with cat litter in to wee or
poo. They had to get earth and leaves for him to wee in. He continued to
poo in his bed right beside his box when he was there.
He is determined that he will "never, in his whole life, poo in a litter
box"
Why, I have no idea. It's just so.

I never tell him off about pooing in the bath. It's easy to clean up. Plus
I never tell him off about anything actually, because he is so timid. He
sometimes takes advantage of that about getting up on the worktops to steal
food.
I tell him "what would have happened to you if you hadn't come here?"

I know what would have happened. He'd have been dead. He had no idea how
to look after himself and he was lost. KFC took pity on him and brought him
here, which was more than unusual.
She taught him to hunt mice and rats (just in case you have to..)

Old September 15th 15, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya

[...]

Do you think he needs two litterboxes? one in the bath?
an open one? Worth a try?
HTH
Sylvia

Old September 15th 15, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia and P2nya" wrote in message

[...]

Sylvia, litterboxes are the whole problem. He simply will not use one, not
ever, not even if he had to sit in his own poo (which he did when he was
hospital, with a litter box right beside him)
He has a litter box in the bathroom filled with earth and leaves (cat litter
is a no-no for him). He walks past it to poo in the bath. He will
actually wee on earth and leaves if he is desperate, but only if the box is
downstairs near the back door. Poor vet nurse had to dig up their garden
every day..
He will *not* under any circumstances poo in a litterbox.

I have no idea why. I don't know where he came from as he strayed here as a
teenager, but he wasn't a hard-core feral as he had a nice collar on. I can
only guess that his previous owners didn't train him to use a litterbox.
Maybe they adopted him as a feral kitten which might explain how timid he
is. I simply don't know, and he can't tell me.

It's not the end of the world, this pooing in the bath, it's easily cleaned
up with his own cheap tp, and put down the toilet. Then rinse the bath and
use a cloth to clean it, takes 2 minutes.
I'm fairly used to doing animal poo. Horses, goats, dogs, chickens. So it
will never be a problem.

Tweed

Old September 16th 15, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya

[...]

Got it.
You are an amazingly good meowmee!
But then, Boyfie is an amazing cat.

Sylvia

Old September 18th 15, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia and P2nya" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sylvia and P2nya" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
[...]

I try my best. I'm beginning to look at his dry food that he's been hit
with for weight gain. I chose one with liver in because most cat/dogs like
it, but then I remembered that liver can make dogs bowels loose. Maybe cats
too?

When he poos in the bath, it's not a firm poo, it's loose. I never tell him
off about it as it's overnight and he cannot get out. He isn't allowed out
after midnight because of foxes that visit my garden every night in the
small hours to check I've shut my chickens up.
And most foxes don't eat cats, but some do and I dont know if he can shoot
up a tree in 2 seconds any more.
So I like him to be in bed by midnight.

Sometimes I have to wait up until 1 a.m. He comes in eventually and says
"didn't see a fox at all, no worries" !!

Old September 18th 15, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya

[...]

Reminds me of wwhen my two girls were teenaagers.
Waiting up, laying down but not sleeping...
Finally I got something that worked, but it won't for Boyfie(-;
They told me when they expected to be back. I set the alarm clock for
a half hour later. They were told that if the alarm goes off, That's my
Worry Time,
and they had better be worried too!
Worked, most of the time (-:
But as I said, not for Boyfie
Sylvia

Old September 18th 15, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia and P2nya" wrote in message
Reminds me of wwhen my two girls were teenaagers.
Waiting up, laying down but not sleeping...
Finally I got something that worked, but it won't for Boyfie(-;
They told me when they expected to be back. I set the alarm clock for
a half hour later. They were told that if the alarm goes off, That's my
Worry Time,
and they had better be worried too!
Worked, most of the time (-:
But as I said, not for Boyfie
Sylvia

Normally, he is in bed by midnight, but if not, I stay up until he comes in.
I don't want to stop him going out but if he asks to go out at 11pm I let
him (so as not have the bath poo) but that doesn't alway work.
He isn't allowed to risk overnight foxes now. When he was younger, yes. He
was perfectly capable of sending off a fox then. But now, I'm not so sure,
so I like him in overnight, up on his duvet having sweet dreams about
catching mousies and maybe the big rat he never got.

Old September 19th 15, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia and P2nya" wrote in message
Reminds me of wwhen my two girls were teenaagers.
Waiting up, laying down but not sleeping...
Finally I got something that worked, but it won't for Boyfie(-;
They told me when they expected to be back. I set the alarm clock for
a half hour later. They were told that if the alarm goes off, That's my
Worry Time,
and they had better be worried too!
Worked, most of the time (-:
But as I said, not for Boyfie
Sylvia

Boyfie knows what time he should be in but sometimes he chooses not to do
so. Occasionally he regrets it and he has to spend the night in the
conservatory which is not as nice as his bedroom with his duvet. I leave it
up to him to decide. He knows very well what the time is all day. He's
good about knowing the time to within 5 or 10 minutes. so bad luck that boy
if you miss midnight bedtime.
He usually doesn't. Cut off point is 1`a.m, after that, I'm in bed and he
isn't. He knows it, and is usually upstairs by `11.30 and into his pyramid
bed for the night.

Old September 20th 15, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya

[...]

Wow! That's better than my girle did at teenage hood, and He's a teenager
too ;-)

Cat Using toilet and toilet paper jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 257 April 29th 10 01:13 AM
ALL TOILET PAPER MUST DIEEEEEEE! Karen Cat anecdotes 28 December 26th 06 05:43 AM
Toilet Paper Eater PewterCat Cat health & behaviour 36 June 21st 04 03:26 PM
Toilet Paper John Biltz Cat anecdotes 11 August 17th 03 08:41 PM
toilet paper 2 Byron & Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 5 August 17th 03 04:09 AM