cat spraying on the food dish ?

Old June 7th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
UsedtobeRumouredToBe

Default cat spraying on the food dish ?

We feed several feral cats, almost all of which have been spay/
neutered. We have been unable to corral one of the cats, and he is
spraying around outside our house a lot. In fact, I saw him eating
some of the food and drinking some of the water that we always leave
out, and when he was finished eating, he sprayed on the dish (a big
metal dog bowl, actually). Should I throw the dish away or just wash
it ? How can I get him to stop spraying ?

Thanks for any assistance.

Old June 7th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Riannon via CatKB.com

UsedtobeRumouredToBe wrote:
We feed several feral cats, almost all of which have been spay/
neutered. We have been unable to corral one of the cats, and he is
spraying around outside our house a lot. In fact, I saw him eating
some of the food and drinking some of the water that we always leave
out, and when he was finished eating, he sprayed on the dish (a big
metal dog bowl, actually). Should I throw the dish away or just wash
it ? How can I get him to stop spraying ?

If you wash it, you'll need to put a small amount of bleach in the water to
disenfect it and then rinse it very well; otherwise, you could just throw it
out if it wasn't too expensive. You'd have to neuter him to get him to stop
spraying. Not sure how you've tried to corral him, but you'll probably need
a cat trap to do so.

Riannon