A question for the group

Old November 24th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default A question for the group

With me now with my new camera :-)
I am going to be able to take more pictures like I want to specially with
more time on my hands. Is there a place that I can load my pictures up
online and have them for all to see but I would like keep personal
information hidden due to the ones that lurk here for no good.

Old November 24th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Matthew wrote:
With me now with my new camera :-)
I am going to be able to take more pictures like I want to specially
with more time on my hands. Is there a place that I can load my
pictures up online and have them for all to see but I would like keep
personal information hidden due to the ones that lurk here for no
good.

I like webshots, they make it easy to view pictures full size if you want
to.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old November 24th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Matthew" wrote in message
. ..
With me now with my new camera :-)
I am going to be able to take more pictures like I want to specially with
more time on my hands. Is there a place that I can load my pictures up
online and have them for all to see but I would like keep personal
information hidden due to the ones that lurk here for no good.

There are a number of websites where you can make on-line albums to display
your photos. I use picturetrail, which I find relatively easy to use. The
only information displayed is what I decide to write about the photos.

Joy

Old November 24th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Matthew" wrote in message
. ..
With me now with my new camera :-)
I am going to be able to take more pictures like I want to specially with
more time on my hands. Is there a place that I can load my pictures up
online and have them for all to see but I would like keep personal
information hidden due to the ones that lurk here for no good.

I like www.picturetrail.com. They have a free introductory period, then
there is a small annual charge ($19.95, if I remember correctly). You can
categorize by albums, as you can see by the names under my sig.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old November 24th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Matthew" wrote in message
. ..
With me now with my new camera :-)
I am going to be able to take more pictures like I want to specially with
more time on my hands. Is there a place that I can load my pictures up
online and have them for all to see but I would like keep personal
information hidden due to the ones that lurk here for no good.

Matthew, in addition to the information you requested (and received several
binaries newsgroups -- that is, alt.binaries.pictures.animals. Several of
us from rpca and h+b post occasional pics of our furbabies there.

MaryL

Old November 24th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Matthew" wrote in message
. ..
With me now with my new camera :-)
I am going to be able to take more pictures like I want to specially with
more time on my hands. Is there a place that I can load my pictures up
online and have them for all to see but I would like keep personal
information hidden due to the ones that lurk here for no good.

I like www.picturetrail.com. They have a free introductory period, then
there is a small annual charge ($19.95, if I remember correctly). You can
categorize by albums, as you can see by the names under my sig.

MaryL

They may have changed their policy, but when I started with picturetrail,
and for a few years afterward at least, you could store up to a certain
number of photos free for an unlimited time. When I neared that limit, I
was offered the opportunity to pay $19.95 a year to store a lot more there.
I could have deleted some of the photos I had there to make room for others,
and wouldn't have had to pay, but I decided to pay the extra, which so far
has given me unlimited storage.

Joy

Old November 24th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Matthew" wrote
With me now with my new camera :-)
I am going to be able to take more pictures like I want to specially with
more time on my hands. Is there a place that I can load my pictures up
online and have them for all to see but I would like keep personal
information hidden due to the ones that lurk here for no good.

dropshots.com is a good one

Old November 24th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian A wrote:

Matthew wrote:

Is there a place that I can load my
pictures up online and have them for all to see

I like webshots, they make it easy to view pictures full size if
you want to.

I'd like to weigh in with my *strong dislike* of webshots! I haven't
used them to post pictures, but I've gone there many times to view other
people's pictures, and each page is painstakingly slow to load because
there's so much junk on there that I do not care about seeing. I usually
have to click the link, and then go do something else while I wait for
the photo to load. And I have DSL, btw, so my connection speed isn't
the problem!

Yahoo has an easy-to-view picture gallery. But I don't know what it's
like to deal with them if you are the one posting the pictures, so I
can't recommend or oppose them, but as a person who loves to look at
everyone's cat pictures, I like them a lot.

Joyce