PETFOOD RECALL: !!!Wal-Mart, Safeway, Kroger and other store brands!!!

Old March 16th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default PETFOOD RECALL: !!!Wal-Mart, Safeway, Kroger and other store brands!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Old March 16th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Karen" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Lovely! They'll post a list of brands and lot numbers on their website
Saturday. In the meantime, we don't know whether what we're feeding our
pets is safe or not. My cats eat prefer the kind they talk about - chunks
of meat in gravy. :-(

Joy

Old March 16th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:45:40 -0700, Joy wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Lovely! They'll post a list of brands and lot numbers on their website
Saturday. In the meantime, we don't know whether what we're feeding our
pets is safe or not. My cats eat prefer the kind they talk about - chunks
of meat in gravy. :-(

Joy

I see it also covers Iams and Eukanuba brands.
Old March 16th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

"Karen" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Lovely! They'll post a list of brands and lot numbers on their website
Saturday. In the meantime, we don't know whether what we're feeding our
pets is safe or not. My cats eat prefer the kind they talk about -
chunks of meat in gravy. :-(

Joy

I see it also covers Iams and Eukanuba brands.

My disposer ate so much of FF wet food, I've quit giving any to TuTu.
TuTu would previously touch nothing with gravy or chunks. She even
started turning her little red nose up at Tuna & chicken which used to be
a favorite.

Old March 16th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall
Pretty serious.

It's serious enough that they put gluten in catfood at all. If cats
had been evolutionarily designed to be wheat eaters they'd have
invented the combine harvester.

Two of our five adult cats are gluten-intolerant in a similar way to
humans with coeliac disease. Splodge has it so badly that even a
mouthful of catfood in gravy will have him crapping in the bath with
appalling diarrhoea (so smelly it hits you walking in the front door).
I'd bet this is a *very* under-reported condition.

Old March 17th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:45:40 -0700, "Joy"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
m...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Lovely! They'll post a list of brands and lot numbers on their website
Saturday. In the meantime, we don't know whether what we're feeding our
pets is safe or not. My cats eat prefer the kind they talk about - chunks
of meat in gravy. :-(

That's the very stuff I *don't* buy because the only one of my cats
that needs wet food (Spooky - very old and missing many teeth) won't
eat it. He likes plain old gooshy style foods, most any flavor.

Just so it isn't a recall of Walmart's dry food: I have 80 pounds of
that stuff on hand.

--
T.E.D. ) Remove "gearbox.maem" to get real address - that one is dead
Old March 17th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Been trying to access Menu Foods site at http://www.menufoods.com and
all I get is that the site is currently unavailable.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ }=

Old March 17th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Joy wrote:
"Karen" wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Lovely! They'll post a list of brands and lot numbers on their website
Saturday. In the meantime, we don't know whether what we're feeding our
pets is safe or not. My cats eat prefer the kind they talk about - chunks
of meat in gravy. :-(

I THINK we're safe - although I have fed mine supermarket
store brands in the past, I haven't since I moved to
Arizona. They won't EAT Iams or Eukanuba, so mostly they
get Friskies or Whiskas moist food, plus Purina Indoor Cat
kibble.
Old March 17th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kraut wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Been trying to access Menu Foods site at http://www.menufoods.com and
all I get is that the site is currently unavailable.

Probably suffering an overload from inquiries by concerned
catslaves!

Old March 17th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Joy wrote:
"Karen" wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/...et_food_recall

Pretty serious.

Lovely! They'll post a list of brands and lot numbers on their website
Saturday. In the meantime, we don't know whether what we're feeding our
pets is safe or not. My cats eat prefer the kind they talk about -
chunks of meat in gravy. :-(

I THINK we're safe - although I have fed mine supermarket store brands in
the past, I haven't since I moved to Arizona. They won't EAT Iams or
Eukanuba, so mostly they get Friskies or Whiskas moist food, plus Purina
Indoor Cat kibble.

If they're just store brands, we're safe, too. However, I got the
impression that they were several different brands, sold at the stores
mentioned. I buy some of my cat food at Vons, which is owned by Safeway.
Lately, it's been mostly Friskies.

Joy