Number 15?

Old November 6th 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Number 15?

It looks like I have a new cat: gray with black stripes, maybe some white,
intact male, about 3/4 grown.

I had heard cat stand-off noises for the last two nights, and when I got
home tonight, there he was. I fed him, and he was on that kibble like he
hadn't had a real meal in days (which is probably true). He let me
scratch his head a couple of times, and he clearly wants to be friendly.
So far, he gets along well enough with about half the 14 resident cats.

I swore up and down I wasn't going to take in another cat, but what can I
do when one shows up on my doorstep?

BTW, what is the real term for that kind of tabby: gray ground and black
stripes?

--

T.E.D. )

Old November 6th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

It looks like I have a new cat: gray with black stripes, maybe some white,
intact male, about 3/4 grown.

I had heard cat stand-off noises for the last two nights, and when I got
home tonight, there he was. I fed him, and he was on that kibble like he
hadn't had a real meal in days (which is probably true). He let me
scratch his head a couple of times, and he clearly wants to be friendly.
So far, he gets along well enough with about half the 14 resident cats.

I swore up and down I wasn't going to take in another cat, but what can I
do when one shows up on my doorstep?

Congratulations! It's weird, I always feel a little thrill of excitement
whenever someone posts that they have a new cat. Even if it's their 15th
cat. I guess it's vicarious: if I had lots and lots of space (and an
unending supply of cash) I would go to town adopting cats. But I can't do
that, so instead I love to read about those of you who can. I hope he
integrates into your clan with a minimum of fuss.

Joyce

--
As an atheist, I believe that all life is unspeakably precious, because
it's only here for a brief moment, a flare against the dark, and then it's
Old November 6th 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Ted Davis wrote:
It looks like I have a new cat: gray with black stripes, maybe some white,
intact male, about 3/4 grown.

I had heard cat stand-off noises for the last two nights, and when I got
home tonight, there he was. I fed him, and he was on that kibble like he
hadn't had a real meal in days (which is probably true). He let me
scratch his head a couple of times, and he clearly wants to be friendly.
So far, he gets along well enough with about half the 14 resident cats.

I swore up and down I wasn't going to take in another cat, but what can I
do when one shows up on my doorstep?

BTW, what is the real term for that kind of tabby: gray ground and black
stripes?

Congratulations. I hope he proves to be a blessing in a fur coat. MLB
Old November 6th 09, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
[...]

Like the one in the cat food commercials? Those are silver tabbies,
aren't they? Beautiful cats.

Jo

Old November 6th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ted Davis wrote:f the 14 resident cats.

I swore up and down I wasn't going to take in another cat, but what can I
do when one shows up on my doorstep?

Congratulations on your new addition.

BTW, what is the real term for that kind of tabby: gray ground and black
stripes?

Aren't they called 'mackerel tabbies'?

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old November 6th 09, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Nov 5, 7:20*pm, Ted Davis wrote:
It looks like I have a new cat: gray with black stripes, maybe some white,
intact male, about 3/4 grown.

I had heard cat stand-off noises for the last two nights, and when I got
home tonight, there he was. *I fed him, and he was on that kibble like he
hadn't had a real meal in days (which is probably true). *He let me
scratch his head a couple of times, and he clearly wants to be friendly.
So far, he gets along well enough with about half the 14 resident cats.

I swore up and down I wasn't going to take in another cat, but what can I
do when one shows up on my doorstep?

BTW, what is the real term for that kind of tabby: gray ground and black
stripes?

--

T.E.D. )

I think those are mackerel tabbies, aren't they? With the round swirls
instead of
straight stripes? Beautiful cats, I think.

For what it's worth, I admire you taking in Number 15. I swore I
wouldn't have
another cat either, and look what happened. I'm well familiare with
that
train of thought -- I can't keep it, but what am I gonna do with it?
It's called taking responsibility for other people's animals, and
people
like you just can't help it.

Sherry
Old November 6th 09, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

"Ted Davis"
It looks like I have a new cat: gray with black stripes, maybe some white,
intact male, about 3/4 grown.

I had heard cat stand-off noises for the last two nights, and when I got
home tonight, there he was. I fed him, and he was on that kibble like he
hadn't had a real meal in days (which is probably true). He let me
scratch his head a couple of times, and he clearly wants to be friendly.
So far, he gets along well enough with about half the 14 resident cats.

I swore up and down I wasn't going to take in another cat, but what can I
do when one shows up on my doorstep?

BTW, what is the real term for that kind of tabby: gray ground and black
stripes?

I don't know the term for that type of kitty, but bless your heart for
taking him in and feeding him. I have about 5 ferals that I just can't say
no to, when they ask for some fudz. and I also am owned by 4 indoor fuzzies.
My ferals get a kind word with their kibbles and a couple of catnip toys on
the patio, but I usually only give a scritch to one of them because I think
he lives here and as for the others they don't get picked up or petted
because I don't want mine to pick up any diseases and being on a limited
income, I can't afford TED bills, so the kitties stay separated by the
sliding glass door, and communicate that way,
I cannot say no to a hungry kitty.
Kyla

--

T.E.D. )

Old November 6th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

BTW, what is the real term for that kind of tabby: gray ground and
black stripes?

Silver tabby. My Muriel was one. Muriel was a very healthy cat and
had Attitude, you may be in for an interesting time with him. They're
very popular as photographic models.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old November 6th 09, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i have never picked any of my cats except when we got chester, and he chose
us by showing he was going to be the perfect playmate for stormmee, i figure
if G*D sends them to me its my job to care for them, be it by finding them a
home or giving them a home, i try and take the healtier adoptable ones to
the no kill shelter, i rehab and usually keep the rest, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

news

Old November 6th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:53:06 +0000, Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

BTW, what is the real term for that kind of tabby: gray ground and black
stripes?

Silver tabby. My Muriel was one. Muriel was a very healthy cat and had
Attitude, you may be in for an interesting time with him. They're very
popular as photographic models.

As far as I could tell under the poor light at the time (shadow area from
the porch light and mercury vapor security light elsewhere), he's quite
handsome.

--
T.E.D. )