He Played!!!

Old April 9th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default He Played!!!

Granted, Hunter plays "hard" (like he's really trying to kill prey rather
than just toying with it). But I'm just glad that he now feels secure
enough and well fed enough that he can (at least for short periods of time)
concentrate on something other than getting food into his belly. We just
have to be sure to keep all body parts away from the toy he's playing with.
He also grabbed and bit down on DH's hand when DH was rubbing his belly, but
he was gentle and didn't break the skin, so I'm assuming he was just relaxed
and playing again.

We're feeding him about 1/2 again more than the rest of the clowder because
he still has to put on 2 or 3 more pounds (his belly is still
concave-looking when you view him from above). But now he doesn't feel the
need to scarf it all down at once since he knows he will be fed again in 12
hours and he can take his time eating.

Tomorrow is the day for the "big snip" so purrs for an uneventful surgery
would be greatly appreciated.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 9th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

He is going to be really concerned when he misses breakfast tomorrow.
Other than that we are purring that he will be fine.

Jo

Old April 9th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way.

It's great that he feels secure enough to play.

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

Old April 9th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 9th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
Granted, Hunter plays "hard" (like he's really trying to kill prey
rather than just toying with it). But I'm just glad that he now
feels secure enough and well fed enough that he can (at least for
short periods of time) concentrate on something other than getting
food into his belly. We just have to be sure to keep all body parts
away from the toy he's playing with. He also grabbed and bit down on
DH's hand when DH was rubbing his belly, but he was gentle and didn't
break the skin, so I'm assuming he was just relaxed and playing again.

Yay! I love reading things like this.

We're feeding him about 1/2 again more than the rest of the clowder
because he still has to put on 2 or 3 more pounds (his belly is still
concave-looking when you view him from above). But now he doesn't
feel the need to scarf it all down at once since he knows he will be
fed again in 12 hours and he can take his time eating.

Tomorrow is the day for the "big snip" so purrs for an uneventful
surgery would be greatly appreciated.

Hunter is a trooper; he'll be fine. The purrs are for your nerves

Jill
Old April 9th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Granted, Hunter plays "hard" (like he's really trying to kill prey rather
than just toying with it). But I'm just glad that he now feels secure
enough and well fed enough that he can (at least for short periods of
time) concentrate on something other than getting food into his belly. We
just have to be sure to keep all body parts away from the toy he's playing
with. He also grabbed and bit down on DH's hand when DH was rubbing his
belly, but he was gentle and didn't break the skin, so I'm assuming he was
just relaxed and playing again.

Now you need to get him his own toy box. Like we did for Merlin after he
discovered the art of the play. We tried that with Miss Calico Girl, but
the other cats came in and removed her toys one by one. I was pretty
upset, but MCG doesn't seem to care. She plays with human stuff more
readily than the other owners and is quite willing to share the gifts we
gave her.

With our crew, that nip is a gentle reminder that there are some places
human hands were never meant to go. If the culprit kept it up, the next
bite would be much harder and, if there were a third bite, blood would be
donated. We're stupid, but not stupid enough to go past that first bite
more than once.

Pam S. glad that Hunter is learning how to chill and play.

Old April 9th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

Granted, Hunter plays "hard" (like he's really trying to kill prey rather
than just toying with it). But I'm just glad that he now feels secure
enough and well fed enough that he can (at least for short periods of time)
concentrate on something other than getting food into his belly.

Some cats just take their prey, er, I mean play, very seriously. Even when
they feel secure. Smudge and Licky are both a bit scary when they play.
Not every kitty rolls over on their back and waves their legs around cutely
like Roxy does.

But I'm really happy that he's starting to relax enough to play - that
must be so rewarding! I guess Maslow's pyramid applies to cats as well
as to humans.

Purrs for a quick, uneventful snipperoo.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 9th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Hunter = Garvin?

I think it's an ex-feral thing. Smokey still plays hard, 5+ years of
domestication later. His bunny kicks hurt (and if his claws were
clipped more than a week ago, draw blood). When he wraps his little
paws around your arm he hangs on TIGHT. He regularly puts our fingers
in his mouth, or works his jaw in the air, but sometimes he forgets
himself and bites a bit for real--then he's all cringy and clingy
because he knows he's crossed the line.

It took us almost 6 months to teach Smokey to play!

--Fil

Old April 9th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Enfilade wrote:
Hunter = Garvin?

Yes, she renamed him when he had his first vet visit

Jill

I think it's an ex-feral thing. Smokey still plays hard, 5+ years of
domestication later. His bunny kicks hurt (and if his claws were
clipped more than a week ago, draw blood). When he wraps his little
paws around your arm he hangs on TIGHT. He regularly puts our fingers
in his mouth, or works his jaw in the air, but sometimes he forgets
himself and bites a bit for real--then he's all cringy and clingy
because he knows he's crossed the line.

It took us almost 6 months to teach Smokey to play!

--Fil

Granted, Hunter plays "hard" (like he's really trying to kill

prey rather than just toying with it). But I'm just glad that he
now feels secure enough and well fed enough that he can (at least
for short periods of time) concentrate on something other than
getting food into his belly.

I played with an Itty Bitty today Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 4 July 21st 07 04:55 PM
Molly Played Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 7 December 27th 06 09:17 PM
Boyfriend played! Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 6 January 28th 06 01:02 AM
it played, you nibbled, yet Geoff never monthly combed with the light Nell Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 11:51 AM
it played, you ordered, yet Tim never actually arrived to the cave Martin Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 10:07 AM