Disturbing News

Old April 22nd 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Disturbing News

you are far more generous than i am, i have difficulty letting someone off
the hook because they have had a bad time, honestly we all have in our own
way, in this group alone, lost spouses, parents and children, disablities
from blindness to deafness, to mobility, aging can ge thrown in, money
issues, cancer and a host of other horrible things, but if we allow our own
self centeredness to blind to the others around us, we are then also blind
to what we can do to help them and us them, like a while back during a
conversation about the cruelty of youth, it suddenly occured to me that you
are grown when you realize, everyone had a hidious teen years, differeing
degrees but still filled with all manner of self doubt and anxiety, so if
you can be that generous to those who have wrong you i am impressed,

Lee
"TFM®" wrote in message
. com...

"Stormmee" wrote in message
ones own pain does NOT give permission to inflict pain on another, it
would be like me expecting you to send me money foor a better speech
reader just because i need a new one,.. no thanks, i will either work it
out or do without, your pain is no less valid,

Ones own pain sometimes blinds one to the pain of others.

TFM® - I'm not Confucius, but I try.

Old April 22nd 09, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"outsider"

On Apr 21, 10:12 am, "Matthew" wrote:

Just admit it old age or a blonde moment ;-)

Old maybe BLONDE never!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Oh S**t! You're bald??!

Thank you for making me spit my late night coffee all over Mosey.

Old April 22nd 09, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Apr 21, 11:44*pm, wrote:

I dunno what an Ambien is but if it removes inhibitions that is the
last
thing in this world I would need. Somehow I think it is some kind of
sleeping pill for sleeping aid.

Thanks Hoppi, for everything. Yes, Ambien is a sleeping pill and I've
found that after taking one I'm libel to say what is really on my
mind, which is not always a good thing, lol!

I know emphysema very well, I had to
xray that at work a lot. It is not a quick death at end-stage, I
always
felt bad on the respiratory floor doing that as by the time you
realize
what years of smoking does to your lungs, its got you and there is
no cure.

My mother quit smoking as soon as she learned she had emphysema and
lived 8 additional years, but they weren't necessarily good years.
Although she and my father enjoyed those years together and wouldn't
have given them up for a quicker death.

One thing those patients did for me was make me quit after
21 years of ciggies. I quit not from fear of lung ca (you can live to
ripe old age without getting that} but because I did not want to end
up like the resp. patients I worked on....an awful fate, I thought.

I quit smoking (almost 2 years ago now!) not because of either lung
cancer or emphysema but rather fear of stomach cancer.

I am interested in how your father is doing. You don't say much and
it is NOMB but I care.

Again, thanks. My father is sad as well and right now tired. I told
my boss this week that as a "daddy's girl, seeing my father cry just
rips my heart out of my chest" and it is true. Fortunately my father
has a very strong church family, neighborhood friends and my
stepsister and her family will be keeping an eye on him. When my
mother died we had my baby brother living 15 miles from my father so
he could check on him. With that brother dead my only living brother
and I are both too far away to be able to check on him daily.
Fortunately my stepsister lives nearby and has promised to keep an eye
on him. He took such good care of her mother - of course, he loved
her, but she wants to make sure he is ok now which is comforting.

Don't lurk too much...come out and dish now and then.

I will come back soon and tell stories of silly Roscoe who loves it
when we make ice. He gets almost orgasmic waiting for a piece of ice
to eat. Then there is Barnabus who gets excited when the humidifier
makes bubbles. He is like the fish in the aquarium on "Finding Nemo"
he gets huge eyes and we can almost hear him say, "Bubbles.
BubblesBubblesBubbles. My bubbles!." There is Meeka, who my husband
says has broken hips. I say she's articulated. She sashays We
have Sam and Hobbes.....Sam likes to sneak up on Hobbes and bite his
butt and he comes away with a mouthful of fur. Lacey is just Lacey.
Some days she's a bitch and other days she's a sweetheart. DH was
recently a victim of the current economic status and all of the cats
love having Daddy home. Personally, I love having someone else
cleaning the litterboxes

Maybe we can meet sometime - maybe sometime this year. We're going to
try to get to Grand Junction, CO. How far away is that from the Mile
High?

Julie

Old April 22nd 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_4_]

Default Sexy Bald Captains - Was Disturbing News

"ScratchMonkey" wrote ...
outsider wrote

Oh S**t! You're bald??!

Kojak and Captain Picard had big female followings. Makes me want to go
shave my head.

There still is a newsgroup called: alt.sexy.bald.captains :-)

Old April 22nd 09, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_4_]

"TFM®" wrote ...

I'll be nice. How are you holding up these days?

Work is a place of peace for me. I hate it at home.

I know you're still grieving over her loss and if you need to talk,
I'm at .
And again, I apologize for the hardh words,

Stop it. I wasn't even here on this NG until I was notified that I was
being hung on a cross.

and judging you without knowing things. Yes, losing someone near and
dear to you can make you ..IDK the right word,,,
I sent Christy 2 get well cards to the hospital, don't know if she got
them

I have every card from everyone who sent one saved.
Mind you I can't bear to look at them now, nor could I then. But they are
saved.

It was a kitty card...did you get it or ...I guess it doesn't matter.
But the sentiment is still there.

I'm quite sure it is in the ziploc bag with all the rest.
When she was conscious I read every one to her. They brought a smile to
her face.

Who am I ****ting, I read every last thing to her whether conscious or
not. I commented on the Tv, I talked about the cats, I tried to do
everything I could to make it seem normal.

I hope she heard everything.

I hope she knows how much I love her.

--
Aloha Nui Loa,
TFM®

Dear Alan,

I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. I'm glad that you came in to
straighten the story.

Purrs,
Flippy.

Old April 22nd 09, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default A few questions about Christy

LOL..Kyla

"Granby"
And just when I thought....that is what I get for thinking!!!!
"Kyla =^..^="
"Cheryl"

Yeah, you did. You don't post much about yourself online here and
neither
do I. Thinking out of the box, as they say, there are many others in
this ng
who are very different from me, that way. I live mostly in the RL
dimension
and not in cyberspace...that's why I have trouble thinking of names on
a PC
as real live people....unless I communicate wth them using any of the
five
senses (forget smell and touch, LOL). I am not criticizing those who
are far
more into cyberlife and cyberfriends than I am..I am just not one of
them.
However...you don't have to be one to share the cat fanatic gene. To
quote
Merle H...."when you're runnin' down my kitties, hoss you're walkin'
on the
fightin' side of me" but you're a calm, logical thinker........

========================

Yeesh, I can't even quote your post correctly, but you seem to be
looking down your nose at a lot of people with that malformed paragraph.
Just curious, do you think that someone who posts more than you do lives
in the cyberworld, whatever that is?

No matter what you wrote here, you put down a
lot of people in at least 2, possibly 3 categories. Congrats. Death
sucks. It brings out the worst in people left behind.

Thank you Cheryl...I was thinking the same thing. She loves to look down
her nose at me, as a lot of others do as well, but, if they get too
annyoing, they just go into my Killfile.

Kyla.