Update on my newest cat and our relationship

Old July 19th 03, 03:29 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"PattyC" wrote in message
Hi Cathy!

And isn't her belly funny? She is SO furry there. I try and brush and
comb, but... bottom line... Jack has at least weekly major hairballs....

My parents had a Maine Coon whose stomach resembled Jack's (who has a cute
belly, w/ that super-hair, btw). They brushed him, combed him, but that
stomach hair was untamable. ;-)

(I must go to see S & G if they are indeed performing this fall. But I
guess that is another topic....)

A-ha - so you've been lurking on amps, I take it? :-)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Thanks for any thoughts....

PattyC
--
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity. -Hanlon's Razor

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
It's possible that as she gets more & more used to you, & in general

mellows
out even more, that she'll get cozy; well, at least semi-cozy. It is

great
that she's getting along so well w/ your other cats already.

Jack's belly reminds me of a flokati rug. ;-)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"PattyC" wrote in message
Well guys, I guess I am not going to have much luck with having those

kinds
of cats that let you whip them into your arms for a hug...

I haven't been here (in the ng) for awhile, but thought I'd check in

update on Sam. I adopted her in April at the age of about 1 1/2. She

was
living in a foster home and mostly seemed to stay in a big cage there.
Anyway, when she came to me, she was kept in one room. You can again

check
the pics to see how she was at first... ALWAYS in the cat bed on a

desk
in
that room. Note, she is under "New Kitty" and "My Girls."

http://community.webshots.com/user/pattyc4303

The good news is, as time has passed, she is way OK with roaming the

house
and even having fun with my other two cats. (She LOVES the other

cats,
including one I feed who lives outside.)

But... the oddest and most surprising (to me!!) thing. Since she's

gained
more confidence about roaming about the house, the ONE thing she is

not
good
about is... ME.

While when she was new here, I could pick her up out of that cat bed

and
hold her and pet her, or feed her treats from my hand.... NOW, she

RUNS
whenever I am near her. She is willing to be in the same room, in

fact,
often follows me to the same room, (I think because the other cats

do...),
she RUNS when I approach her.

I can't even pet her, that is how much she is NOT OK about it. This

is
the
same kitty who let me hold her and walk her around at first. I now

realize
she was SO terrified then that she allowed that...

I am really glad she is acclimating (sp?). She is coming down for
"breakfast," meowing and begging for food. (This is as opposed to a

while
ago, when she really just ran around the house at night.) Better yet,

she
and Jack and Lia are grooming one another. Sam loves Lia and Lia

seems
take care of her some. Just does not want any Mommy(Patty)/Baby

time...

I now have 3 cats, plus the one I feed outside. I can only hold my

cat
Lia,
who is willing to be held, petted, etc. at all times. I can pet Jack

and
even Georgie (the outside cat), though I cannot pick up either of

those
two,
without major problems.

Does anyone think this crazy girl might warm up over a year or so?

She
is
SOOO sweet and I am so glad I have her here to live a lovely cat life.

But
damn I'd like to pet her.

PattyC