To -L about rotten advice

Old August 25th 05, 04:25 PM
Betsy

Default To -L about rotten advice

Who are you?

This is the worst advice I've ever heard! How many litters of kittens have
you had a "hand" in?
\
I've raised countless litters of kittens, and you can pick up those babies
and cuddle & kiss their little tummies right from the first day! I've never
failed to socialize a cat, mother or kittens!

Five weeks?????? That is five weeks too late!!!!!

Are you a troll?

Good grief. Don't give harmful advice.

Old August 25th 05, 05:39 PM

Betsy wrote:
Who are you?

This is the worst advice I've ever heard! How many litters of kittens have
you had a "hand" in?
\
I've raised countless litters of kittens, and you can pick up those babies
and cuddle & kiss their little tummies right from the first day! I've never
failed to socialize a cat, mother or kittens!

Five weeks?????? That is five weeks too late!!!!!

Are you a troll?

Good grief. Don't give harmful advice.

First, you might indicate to which post you're reply, so we know what
the hell you're babbling about.
Second, if you bothered to read the post I *think* you are referring
to, Lyn was talking about a mother cat who is moving her kittens
around. That is *why* she suggested leaving them alone.
Third, if you're picking up hours-old kittens, and kissing around on
them, you're doing so for *your* benefit, and sure don't have the
welfare of the kittens in mind.
So, what are you? Backyard breeder or kitten miller?

Sherry

Old August 25th 05, 05:45 PM
-L.

Betsy wrote:
Who are you?

You're Nancy (or a clone) posting from the Baltimore public library,
LOL:

7.19.143.239 = [ ppp1137.bcpl.net ]

OrgName: UUNET Technologies Inc.
OrgID: UU
Address: 22001 Loudoun County Parkway
City: Ashburn
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20147
Country: US
NetRange: 207.16.0.0 - 207.19.255.255
CIDR: 207.16.0.0/14
NetName: NETBLK-UUNETCBLK16
NetHandle: NET-207-16-0-0-1
Parent: NET-207-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: AUTH00.NS.UU.NET
NameServer: AUTH50.NS.UU.NET
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 1995-12-29
Updated: 2001-09-26
TechHandle: OA12-ARIN
TechName: UUnet Technologies Inc. Technologies
TechPhone: 1-800-900-0241
TechEmail:

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE3-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: abuse
OrgAbusePhone: 1-800-900-0241
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgNOCHandle: OA12-ARIN
OrgNOCName: UUnet Technologies Inc. Technologies
OrgNOCPhone: 1-800-900-0241
OrgNOCEmail:

OrgTechHandle: SWIPP-ARIN
OrgTechName: swipper
OrgTechPhone: 1-800-900-0241
OrgTechEmail:

OrgName: Baltimore County Public Library
OrgID: BCPL
Address: 320 York Road
City: Towson
StateProv: MD
PostalCode: 21204
Country: US
NetRange: 207.19.140.0 - 207.19.143.255
CIDR: 207.19.140.0/22
NetName: UU-207-19-140-143
NetHandle: NET-207-19-140-0-1
Parent: NET-207-16-0-0-1
NetType: Reallocated
Comment:
RegDate: 1998-03-30
Updated: 1998-03-30
TechHandle: CO53-ARIN
TechName: Old Chip
TechPhone: 1-410-887-6180
TechEmail:

OrgAbuseHandle: BAA4-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: BCPL Abuse Administrator
OrgAbusePhone: 1-410-887-6180
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgTechHandle: BDA4-ARIN
OrgTechName: BCPL DNS Administrator
OrgTechPhone: 1-410-887-6180
OrgTechEmail:

ARIN WHOIS database last updated 2005-08-24 19: 10
Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

-L.

Old August 25th 05, 06:05 PM
Betsy

First off I am not "Nancy".

Nyah nyah.

Second, I sent an e-mail to you by error, and for that I do apologize. I
hit the "reply" button instead of the "reply group" button. I'm going to
remove that button from the taskbar before it happens again. But if you
don't want e-mail to automatically come to you when you are on a newsgroup,
then reconfigure your account if you are so internet savvy. That's what
most do.

Third, you don't need to post MY information for the world to see. I didn't
do that for you. So I second the threat. Unless you get this removed from
this newsgroup in a hurry (contact Google), you'll be hearing from MY
attorney. I am quite serious, and will be contacting you again however
necessary to make sure this occurs.

Fourth, I am no backyard breeder, but I do rescue cats that show up on my
doorstep, and no, I don't usually get them abortions, although I have had to
do that once or twice. I have close contact with rescue groups and breeders
as need be to get advice and place animals.

Fifth, your advice continues to be horrible. Five weeks? Who are you
kidding? Do you realize how much damage that can cause? Perhaps you
didn't even realize that kittens open their eyes at about 10 days, and are
mobile almost as soon as that (albeit slowly mobile). I quote you "You can
start handling them at 5
weeks and older - once they are mobile and eyes open." Anybody who has
worked with kittens realizes that they need to be constantly handled to be
good pets. Rescuers and humane societies often have foster human mothers
for litters of kittens for exactly this reason. You don't really think they
wait until they are 5 weeks old, do you?

Lastly, cats and even other animals rarely abandon their kittens. When they
do so, it is because the kittens are not viable. You might contact a
wildlife rescuer to find out that it isn't even risky to touch a baby bird
or other animal as previously was commonly thought.

Poor advice is dangerous. I can only hope that others that read this
newsgroup are smart enough to do more research.

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Old August 25th 05, 06:06 PM
Lyn Wegrich Glover

Betsy wrote:

Who are you?

This is the worst advice I've ever heard! How many litters of kittens have
you had a "hand" in?

I've raised countless litters of kittens, and you can pick up those babies
and cuddle & kiss their little tummies right from the first day! I've never
failed to socialize a cat, mother or kittens!

Five weeks?????? That is five weeks too late!!!!!

Are you a troll?

Good grief. Don't give harmful advice.

Sorry. Check the time and you will see that I posted
this advice at about 3 am. By that hour I am always,
well, "tired." Know what I mean?

Old August 25th 05, 06:15 PM
Betsy

So, I again ask, who are you? Are you -L? If so, why are you being so nice
now when a minute ago you posted all my private information for all the
world to see?

Although I always appreciate an apology, and do appreciate this one, I don't
know what you are sorry about, nor what you would retract!

"Lyn Wegrich Glover" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.06184a55dd38c924911f5a06ceeefd8c @1124989582.nulluser.com...

Old August 25th 05, 08:53 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Betsy wrote:

Third, you don't need to post MY information for the world to see. I
didn't do that for you. So I second the threat. Unless you get this
removed from this newsgroup in a hurry (contact Google), you'll be
hearing from MY attorney. I am quite serious, and will be contacting
you again however necessary to make sure this occurs.

Just to make a correction here - "Google" has nothing to do with Usenet
Newsgroups, besides the fact that they provide a format for netizens who do
not have ISP's that carry any newsgroups services (AOL is one prime example)
to access Usenet Newsgroups. From my understanding, there is no one single
server that contains all the newsgroups, but *several*. A posting made
using Google is sent to countless other 'servers'. There is no way to
"delete" a posting once it is made - even if Google deleted it from their
system, it would still be out there in Usenet-dome for all who cared to see,
for who knows how long (some servers have longer retention than others)

And I don't think you have any case for any sort of a lawsuit - since, from
what I can tell, -.L only posted the *library* information - unless you
happen to be named Baltimore County Public Library and actually *reside* at
that address (BTW, if you do reside there, we'll be sure to alert the
authorities since I'm sure living in a public library is not legal, and you
will either be arrested or transported to the nearest transient shelter that
has vacancy - or both), you don't have a leg (or any other appendage) to
stand on.
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old August 25th 05, 09:10 PM
Betsy

Actually I suggested this because Google subsumed Deja which was the archive
for all newsgroups in the past.

And there was an implication there, which you missed, that I had already
been threatened.

Anyway, I'm not very internet savvy, and don't claim to be. If I were, I
wouldn't have been stupid enough to copy her "revelation" at the end of my
post. We all should be concerned about identity theft (not only
former-blondes).

Thanks anyway.

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
newslpPe.306636$xm3.279070@attbi_s21...

Old August 25th 05, 09:20 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:25:48 -0400, "Betsy" wrote:

Who are you?

She's a deeply unhappy person who has been hostile to Calvin from the
git-go. She thinks he is morally evil because he allowed the mother
cat to have her litter instead of getting it aborted.

This is the worst advice I've ever heard! How many litters of kittens have
you had a "hand" in?
\
I've raised countless litters of kittens, and you can pick up those babies
and cuddle & kiss their little tummies right from the first day! I've never
failed to socialize a cat, mother or kittens!

Calvin is doing a great job. The mother cat is delighted with the
situation -- plenty of food and a human protector for herself and her
litter.

Five weeks?????? That is five weeks too late!!!!!

Are you a troll?

Good grief. Don't give harmful advice.

This story is headed for a happy ending, and that really, really
bothers Lyn.

Charlie