Comfort purrs please?

Old November 17th 05, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Comfort purrs please?

I hope you're eating nice, soothing things. Otherwise all that pain
medication might give you some stomach problems too, which you obviously
don't need.

I had a cortisone shot years ago, and remember how it hurt, but I don't
remember how long it took to help. My problem wasn't the same as yours, so
my experience probably wouldn't help anyway. I hope the pain has eased up
by the time you read this.

Hugs and purrs for your pain to ease.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old November 17th 05, 09:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Irulan wrote:
I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped
any. Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps
at all? And then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice
a week. I have been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen
which is an antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

Purrs for you soon to feel better.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 17th 05, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote in message

I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

OH NO! Many purrs for a quick recovery and so you're feeling better
soon.

Helen M

Old November 17th 05, 10:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote
I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch

Comforting purrs from us lot. We hope Lily's being a good nursecat.

Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki

Old November 17th 05, 10:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

My husband tore his rotator cuff about 9 months ago (he's a 40 year old
carpenter), got the shot (which didn't work on him, either), and was in
horrific pain for about 3 months. He still can't sleep on that side, but he
can raise his arm over his head now, and he's been working. It's *still*
sore, sorry to say. I've heard this type of injury can take up to two years
to heal. On a good note, he had much more flexibility and less pain in his
shoulder within 6 months. He woke up one morning, took a shower, and yelled
for me, frantically. My first thought was, "Oh, God, what did he do to
himself now?" Turns out he wanted to show me that he could was his own back
again. Good luck! It just takes time.

kili

Old November 17th 05, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:22:54 -0500, "Irulan"
wrote:

I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

{{{{Lydia}}}}

I don't know anything about the meds, but I sure hope they kick in
soon and you feel better. Sending purrs to you to be back to normal
very soon!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old November 17th 05, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

Ouch! I've had one of those before. It took a long time to completely
heal, and lots of specific yoga exercises to strengthen the places that made
it vulnerable in the first place. The major pain improved and much of my
range of motion came back relatively quickly - the full range of motion took
a long time though. It's funny how we're not aware of our beautifully
functioning bodies until something gets hurt.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old November 17th 05, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

--

Your poor shoulder! I've had a lot of injuries myself lately and I find
co-codamol 30/500 is quite a good painkiller. It's stronger than the

Tweed

Old November 18th 05, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs that your pain abates soon and you heal asap.
Suz&Spicey

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM