OT Help/Without a Trace

Old November 18th 05, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Help/Without a Trace/I had no idea! Wow.

"Karen" wrote in message

Well, apparently the trolls are back. Bye.

A kill-file is your friend

Cheers, helen s

Old November 18th 05, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message

Well, apparently the trolls are back. Bye.

A kill-file is your friend

Cheers, helen s

It is indeed.

Whatever happened to recipes? It's certainly the right time of year.

Joyce - who can't stand the thought of eating anything right now
Old November 18th 05, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message

Joyce - who can't stand the thought of eating anything right now

Did some pasta tonight which has gone down a treat with The Men Of The
Household.

1lb mushrooms sliced
3/4lb smoked bacon (lean & dry-cure)
lots of garlic
extra virgin olive oil
butter
sherry
pasta
salt
black pepper
shavings of fresh parmesan

sauteed mushrooms in olive oil and garlic
added a little bit of salt & lots of black pepper
Added enough garlic to make sure vampires will not trouble us for the next
century
added glass of sherry

Simmered until sherry alcohol burnt off, but flavour remains in the
mushrooms

In a separate pan I sliced the bacon into thin strips & dry-fried.

Added bacon to the garlic mushrooms

Cooked pasta until al dente.

Mixed the bacon & garlic into the pasta, & stirred in a little extra olive
oil then put parmesan shavings over the top.
Serve immediately

Apparently this *hits the spot* of the teenage cyclist upon his return home
from a heavy day at college

Cheers, helen s

Old November 18th 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Help/Without a Trace

Karen wrote:

My channel completely went gonzo the last 15 minutes of the show. I
gathered they found their son in a hospital at the end, but could not
make out how it got to that point. The last clear thing I saw was the
girl telling them about being attacked. Just would sure like to know
what really happened.

The boy had confronted the girl's would-be attacker and got
in a fight with him. The perp later ran his bike down with
his car, took the kid hostage, and there was a big to-do
with SWAT teams, what all. Happy ending, though - the boy's
legs evidently sustained multiple fractures, but they
apparently expected him to make a full recovery.

Old November 18th 05, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:53:36 -0600, Karen wrote:

My channel completely went gonzo the last 15 minutes of the show. I
gathered they found their son in a hospital at the end, but could not make
out how it got to that point. The last clear thing I saw was the girl
telling them about being attacked. Just would sure like to know what
really happened.

So would I. My son has the habit of calling me every night just about
five minutes before the end of the hour. I have asked him please to call
me at the beginning of the hour instead of the end. Do you think he will
ever learn? MLB

Do like I do - use your answering machine to screen
messages. I tell callers to identify themselves, and to
leave a message if no-one picks up. If friends call when
I'm otherwise engaged (either bathroom or can't-miss-TV), I
know to call them back later. (Also, I've discovered
"10-10-987" for long distance calls to anywhere in the U.S.
or Western Europe - it really IS as cheap as the TV ads
proclaim, and works no matter who your official
long-distance provider is.)

Old November 18th 05, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Coldshot wrote:

Karen wrote:

My channel completely went gonzo the last 15 minutes of the show. I
gathered they found their son in a hospital at the end, but could not
make out how it got to that point. The last clear thing I saw was the
girl telling them about being attacked. Just would sure like to know
what really happened.

You are joking right!

I am not believing this..

drivel snipped

Why don't you go haunt some other newsgroup, if you don't
like the way we do things here? (P-L-O-N-K!)

Old November 18th 05, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:

Well, apparently the trolls are back. Bye.

Why give in to the assholes? You know their screen names,
if you don't want to filter them, just scroll past their
posts without reading them.

Old November 19th 05, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:

1lb mushrooms sliced
3/4lb smoked bacon (lean & dry-cure)
lots of garlic
extra virgin olive oil
butter
sherry
pasta
salt
black pepper
shavings of fresh parmesan

sauteed mushrooms in olive oil and garlic
added a little bit of salt & lots of black pepper
Added enough garlic to make sure vampires will not trouble us for the next
century
added glass of sherry

Wow, what an ingredient list! That sounds really yummy! Too bad my
throat can't take more than applesauce right now... but I saving this
recipe for better days.

Joyce
Old November 19th 05, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-18 00:49:50 -0600, "Jo Firey" said:

"Karen" wrote in message
My channel completely went gonzo the last 15 minutes of the show. I
gathered they found their son in a hospital at the end, but could not
make out how it got to that point. The last clear thing I saw was the
girl telling them about being attacked. Just would sure like to know
what really happened.

After they got back home, and basically got through the night, a girl
and her mother came to the door. This is the girl their kid had been
talking on his cell phone. They just found out Sean was gone. The girl
had been to a party the week before and had something slipped into her
drink and had been raped. She hadn't told anyone but she and Sean were
studying together and she broke down and told him what happened. He
offered to go to the school drug dealer to get the morning after pills
for her, but insisted that she tell his who did it. The FBI gave her a
name and asked if it was him and it was. From there they found out that
after he left the arcade, Sean found and confronted the rapist. That
they had Sean hidden in some house - that the guy had run his bike over
with a car. Then they located them at some warehouse and ended up
having a short shootout and taking Sean to the hospital from him
injuries from being run over by the car. Every one is happy. Message to
girls not to keep rape a secret. (But that you might be able to score
morning after pills from your school dealer.)

Jo

Thanks Jo.

Thanks, too. MLB