Kenzie to TED, again

Old March 20th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Kenzie to TED, again

Hugs and purrs to both of you.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

"Gandalf" wrote in message
I took Kenzie to the vet again today (Friday). They did exactly the same
things they did on Wednesday: examined her, gave her an antibiotic
injection, and gave her 200cc of subcutaneous fluids.

TED said one of the common side effects of Tapazole is nausea and
vomiting. So she told me to take Kenzie off the Tapazole for several
days, and then start her at a lower dose, and then increase the dose.

She said most cats usually get over the nausea and vomiting.

If Kenzie doesn't, the only option is to use radioactive iodine, to
treat her hyperthyroidism. It's very expensive: the last info they had
was from 2007, and back then it cost $1200. Ouch!

I don't really have any choice in the matter, of course. And I wouldn't
have to give Kenzie a pill 2x a day, for the rest of her life.

I just want Kenzie to be healthy again

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old March 20th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Gandalf wrote:
I took Kenzie to the vet again today (Friday). They did exactly the
same things they did on Wednesday: examined her, gave her an
antibiotic injection, and gave her 200cc of subcutaneous fluids.

TED said one of the common side effects of Tapazole is nausea and
vomiting. So she told me to take Kenzie off the Tapazole for several
days, and then start her at a lower dose, and then increase the dose.

She said most cats usually get over the nausea and vomiting.

If Kenzie doesn't, the only option is to use radioactive iodine, to
treat her hyperthyroidism. It's very expensive: the last info they had
was from 2007, and back then it cost $1200. Ouch!

I don't really have any choice in the matter, of course. And I
wouldn't have to give Kenzie a pill 2x a day, for the rest of her
life.

I just want Kenzie to be healthy again

Continuing purrs for Kenzie.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 20th 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 20, 4:14*pm, (Gandalf) wrote:
I took Kenzie to the vet again today (Friday). They did exactly the same
things they did on Wednesday: examined her, gave her an antibiotic
injection, and gave her 200cc of subcutaneous fluids.

TED said one of the common side effects of Tapazole is nausea and
vomiting. So she told me to take Kenzie off the Tapazole for several
days, and then start her at a lower dose, and then increase the dose.

She said most cats usually get over the nausea and vomiting.

If Kenzie doesn't, the only option is to use radioactive iodine, to
treat her hyperthyroidism. It's very expensive: the last info they had
was from 2007, and back then it cost $1200. Ouch!

I don't really have any choice in the matter, of course. And I wouldn't
have to give Kenzie a pill 2x a day, for the rest of her life.

I just want Kenzie to be healthy again

We all want Kenzie to be healthy again but all we can do is send our
purrs and best wishes.

--
Will in New Haven
Old March 20th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

when the vet thought this might be Tiger's problem, we discussed this
procedure, unfortunately it is simply not possible for tiger, he has such
horrid seperation issues it wuld probably kill him, he refused to eat for 3
days when we boarded them once, so if he can't take the meds when it is time
i am not sure what will happen, lets hope starting on the lower dose might
be the best thing for her, good luck , Lee

Old March 20th 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Gandalf" wrote in message
I took Kenzie to the vet again today (Friday). They did exactly the same
things they did on Wednesday: examined her, gave her an antibiotic
injection, and gave her 200cc of subcutaneous fluids.

TED said one of the common side effects of Tapazole is nausea and
vomiting. So she told me to take Kenzie off the Tapazole for several
days, and then start her at a lower dose, and then increase the dose.

She said most cats usually get over the nausea and vomiting.

If Kenzie doesn't, the only option is to use radioactive iodine, to
treat her hyperthyroidism. It's very expensive: the last info they had
was from 2007, and back then it cost $1200. Ouch!

I don't really have any choice in the matter, of course. And I wouldn't
have to give Kenzie a pill 2x a day, for the rest of her life.

You might be surprised at what you can do. I never thought I'd be able to
give Stinky subQ, but I saw that it really helped him, and then I was
determined. I think it gets much easier if you can see that it's really
doing her good.

I just want Kenzie to be healthy again

Of course you do. Purring for her to feel better and get over her nausea.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old March 20th 09, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

I took Kenzie to the vet again today (Friday). They did exactly the same
things they did on Wednesday: examined her, gave her an antibiotic
injection, and gave her 200cc of subcutaneous fluids.

TED said one of the common side effects of Tapazole is nausea and
vomiting. So she told me to take Kenzie off the Tapazole for several
days, and then start her at a lower dose, and then increase the dose.

She said most cats usually get over the nausea and vomiting.

If Kenzie doesn't, the only option is to use radioactive iodine, to
treat her hyperthyroidism. It's very expensive: the last info they had
was from 2007, and back then it cost $1200. Ouch!

I don't really have any choice in the matter, of course. And I wouldn't
have to give Kenzie a pill 2x a day, for the rest of her life.

I just want Kenzie to be healthy again

Poor Kenzie and poor you for having to deal with all this. Purrayers that
everything will be okay. I know how much you love your sweet Kenzie.
Mosey sends his mightiest purrs to her too. Be well sweet Kenzie.
You are so loved by so many. Calming purrs sent to you too Gandalf.
Love
Kyla

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old March 21st 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

Poor baby! For what it's worth, we used the iodine treatement for Tiger
many years ago and it worked wonderfully. It was hard to be away from
her, since you have to leave them at the facility for several days, but
not another peep out of that nasty thyroid.

We're sending anti-nausea and calming purrs y'alls way..

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

A pic of Kenzie Gandalf Cat anecdotes 10 March 9th 09 02:20 PM
Pic of Kenzie Gandalf Cat anecdotes 0 February 14th 08 09:33 AM
Kenzie pics Gandalf Cat anecdotes 9 January 24th 06 02:13 PM
Another Kenzie pic Gandalf Cat anecdotes 27 June 12th 04 04:16 PM
Kenzie photo Gandalf Cat anecdotes 21 June 9th 04 06:34 AM