Mouser Tails: Trying to Pack, Part 1

Old April 26th 05, 01:39 AM
Mischief

Default Mouser Tails: Trying to Pack, Part 1

"Ahoy, bring those boxes below!" called Smokey, the Bos'n. "And be
careful, those are quality supplies."

"Ooof!" said Mere as she put her shoulder into pushing a rather large
box that was twice her size.

"Here," said a voice. "Let me help you." Mere looked up as another
kitten came up and began pushing.

"I'm Harri Roadcat, what's your name?"

"My name's Mere, it's short for Cashmere. Though it's kinda funny,
cause I'm not made of any cash."

"Well, I'm named because I'm on the road a lot with my Paw. I was
quite confused for this trip, cause there's no road at all."

"Of course not," said Mere, "We're on a ship, on the ocean."

"Well, I know that NOW," said Harri, "But why do we have to load these
boxes ourselves? With my Paw loading and unloading is SOOOO much
easier."

"I dunno. All I know about boxes is that they are best when they're
EMPTY. Nikki just LOVES boxes. But she doesn't have to load any.
Just us kits have to do all the work..."

and Mere turned to see a very large kitten towering over them.
"I'm Corporal Sammy. Loading boxes makes CATS out of kits. It builds
character."

"But on a truck," said Harri, "All you have to do is..."

"Silence!" yelled Sammy. "As cabin kits you'll do as you're told and
you'll like it. Understand?"

"Aye-Aye Sir!" said both kittens, and they went back to pushing.
Corporal Sammy smiled to herself and surveyed the deck. Her wandering
eye fell on IBKFergus, who had stopped coiling rope to tend to cleaning
a particular spot on her tail. "Ahoy!" she yelled. "No lounging
about! Get a move on!" The kitten jumped to attention and went back
to work.

This is going to be FUN, thought Sammy, cause I'M going to be giving
orders. Sammy began to smile again when a voice stopped her, "Corporal
Sammy." Sammy turned and suddenly did not feel so powerful.

"Yes, Sergeant Huey?" Sammy stood up straight and saluted as Sergeant
Huey approached.

"I take it the kits are doing well?"
"Yes, sir. I'm keeping an eye on them, Sir."
"Good, I'd hate to have to tell Cap'n Pine Cone that the kits aren't
being properly trained."
"Don't worry, Sir, I'll make sure none of the kits so much as put a TOE
out of line."
"I'm sure of it," said Huey, "Cause then the blame would fall on you."

Sammy gave a small start, "Uh.......me, sir?"
"Well, of course, the kits are being trained by you. And if there's
any problem with the kits, then there must be a problem with how they
are being trained, and then Cap'n Pine will be perturbed." he paused.
"And you know if Cap'n Pine Cone is perturbed, I, myself get even MORE
perturbed. Have I made myself clear?"

Sammy gulped, "Yes, sir. Crystal clear."

"Very good. Carry on." After he had gone, Sammy let out a huge
breath. Maybe being Corporal was going be tougher than she thought.

To be continued.......

Old April 26th 05, 01:54 AM
tanada

Mischief wrote:

To be continued.......

An excellent addition to the Blog, Mischief. Keep up the good work.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.
Old April 26th 05, 02:04 AM
CatNipped

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Excellent! I think this year's voyage is going to be quite interesting! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 27th 05, 03:22 AM
Enfilade

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...
"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Ahoy, bring those boxes below!" called Smokey, the Bos'n. "And be
careful, those are quality supplies."

OMG is that MY Smokey??

Arg, his ideas of quality supplies are a week's worth of pizza and
some takeout sandwiches...

--Fil
Old April 27th 05, 03:26 AM
Mischief

erm, i'm not too sure.

I think there might be more than one Smokey. Not sure.

I just know the bos'n last year was named Smokey

Kristi

Old April 27th 05, 05:53 AM
O J

Mischief wrote:

erm, i'm not too sure.

I think there might be more than one Smokey. Not sure.

I just know the bos'n last year was named Smokey

Last years Bos'n was O J's Smokey. He was temporarily assigned to
watch the stowing of supplies, but most of his time is being taken up
checking the rigging and the sailing gear.

This year we'll be looking for kittens who want to move up from being
just cabin kits to real sea-cats. All you have to do is climb 80 feet
up on rope ladders, then walk out the spar with your hind paws on the
foot rope, and then let out or take in the sails. Naturally, we put
on full sail unless the weather is a little rough. That's the time we
have to go aloft and fold up (or, nautically, "reef") the sails. We
take in the topmost sails first and it be no job for a fraidy-cat.

Have no fear though, the rigging will be ship-shape by the time we're
ready to weigh anchor.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old April 27th 05, 06:18 PM
tanada

Enfilade wrote:

OMG is that MY Smokey??

Arg, his ideas of quality supplies are a week's worth of pizza and
some takeout sandwiches...

--Fil

So you think....

Smokey must have been checking out the hoomin manifest, again. I keep
telling him that we get the quality food, and the hoomins get the junk
stuff. I'll have to have Jessica talk to him again.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.