[OT] Hurricane Isabel tree damage

Old September 27th 03, 03:48 AM
John F. Eldredge

Default [OT] Hurricane Isabel tree damage

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old September 27th 03, 04:08 AM
Cheryl

In ,
John F. Eldredge composed with style:

I did see the page but I had to open it in IE. In Netscape and Mozilla
it shows up as the page source code. In looking at the source I can't
see why.

Old September 27th 03, 04:38 AM
rrb_091903

rrb_091903 wrote:

John F. Eldredge wrote:

I did see the page but I had to open it in IE. In Netscape and Mozilla
it shows up as the page source code. In looking at the source I can't
see why.

Boy it did alot of damage I hope all the people affected are ok.

rrb

Old September 27th 03, 02:17 PM
Christine Burel

what a sobering set of photos, especially in contrast to the captions.
Thanks for the link.
Christine
"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old September 27th 03, 04:44 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Amazing! I hope we never get something like that over here...

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old September 27th 03, 09:10 PM
Hopitus2

Just viewed the Richmond tree display.....make them cars 50's and 60's
models and you got my childhood memories of "Miami vintage 'cane
aftermaths".........

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
: Amazing! I hope we never get something like that over here...
:
: --
: Victor M. Martinez
:
:

Old September 28th 03, 04:31 AM
Sherry

I live in a similar neighborhood outside of Wash DC and close to
Annapolis. We had trees coming down everywhere; uprooted. Old trees
uprooted.

It's sad, isn't it? I must have a real affinity for trees, because I
practically mourned for the landscape after the tornado. The trees that were
left were stripped of all branches and bark. They mostly died. After the
bombing of the federal building here, tree surgeons really fought to save a
tree that was next to the building. They did. And now they call it "The
Survivor Tree" and sell seedlings from it. It's a real symbol of how life
really does go on.

My power
was out for 5 days, also. Some people are still without even now.
This area is just not equipped for a major storm like that. I hope
the power companies have their eyes wide open now.

That's like us in the winter. When we *do* get ice & snow. we are ttotally
paralyzed because the county doesn't own the right equipment and we Okies just
flat don't know how to drive in it. Except for the proverbial "Hey ya'll, watch
this." rednecks with their 4-wheel drivess.
Hope your city get back to normal soon.

Sherry
Old September 28th 03, 09:39 PM
John F. Eldredge