opera

Old March 29th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default opera

Dat wood be wunnerful, Countess! I was just tellink Pitoonya about
how bootiful Josephine's kitty brush iz - she didn't get to see
itself!

I finks it will be da centerpiece ov yur castle!

Oh, Pitoonya, I'm sorry zat you missed it! It iz really quite bootiful.
Would you like to pay ze quick vizit to mine cabin and see ze brush,
before ze danze begins?

Countess K
Old March 29th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
news
That sounds like my Paw. He likes the Gilbert and Sullivan operas, but has
never seen one of the classical operas. And he used to sing in the church
choir until he figured out he couldn't really hit the notes good enough.
And as his hearing has gotten worse, he's gotten worse at singing.

Harri Roadcat had the right idea when she was riding in the truck with
Paw. When he'd start to sing with the radio, she'd put her paw over his
mouth.

Amelia

Hi Amelia,

How are you doing? Have you recovered from your infection and finished all
the pills? No more antie biotics for me. I am done with them. But I still
have to

Meowmie also has some hearing loss. I noticed it when she doesn't seem to
hear
me sometimes. I have to meow louder to get her attention.
She surprised me yesterday. One minute I hear opera singing from the boom
box.
Next minute I heard her yell 'Come On'.
So I went to her only to have her telling me 'Not you'.
Turned out she was watching the local NHL team playing hockey on
TV and was cheering the team to score.
As a male Catnadian, I love hockey. That goes without saying. But how can a
human loves both music and sport. The other day she watched the Figure
Skating World
Championship on TV. All the while flipping channels to keep track of the
Sens hockey
scores. Afterwards she watched her alma mater played in a March Madness
basket
ball game. I don't know what she will come up with next when the season is
over
with all these sports. I know she doesn't understand base ball.
She said she is picking up more CDs from the library. More opera? shudder

Purrs,
Rusty

Old March 29th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Stormmee" wrote in message
soft sayz her izunt cheap, her iz safin herown toonaz so her kan spend dem
on yourownself, and i thinkz diz iz gud purioritiez fur yourown hooman,
Stormmee, growing up fazt

Didn't think of that. Meowmie just spent a bundle of toonaz at TED for me,
and
I still have to go back for shots.
She said my TED bills are bigger than her medical bills. Said unlike me, she
has
never have any tests on her kidneys and liver. I already have them twice.
I told her I am older than she is, and unlike her, I never have a bone
density scan.
So there.

Rusty

Old March 30th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:32:42 -0500, W. Leong wrote:

Hi Amelia,

How are you doing? Have you recovered from your infection and finished all
the pills? No more antie biotics for me. I am done with them. But I still
have to

Hi, Rusty. Thanks for asking - yes, I'm all better now. After getting
that nasty infection, I started snuffling and sneezing. But now I've
finished off those nasty pills and the infection and the snuffling are
all gone. My annoying little brofur Ranger also got sick, snuffling and
sneezing, but he got all better before Paw could get him to the TED. Now
Harri Roadcat is snuffling and sneezing.

Meowmie also has some hearing loss. I noticed it when she doesn't seem
to hear
me sometimes. I have to meow louder to get her attention. She surprised
me yesterday. One minute I hear opera singing from the boom box. Next
minute I heard her yell 'Come On'.

That sounds a lot like mine Paw too! Meowmie always has to talk really
loud to him, and I sometimes have to meow really really loud. I guess it's
a good thing that I've got a loud voice.

Turned out she was watching the local NHL team playing hockey on TV and
was cheering the team to score. As a male Catnadian, I love hockey. That
goes without saying. But how can a human loves both music and sport. The
other day she watched the Figure Skating World Championship on TV. All
the while flipping channels to keep track of the Sens hockey scores.
Afterwards she watched her alma mater played in a March Madness basket
ball game. I don't know what she will come up with next when the season
is over
with all these sports. I know she doesn't understand base ball. She said
she is picking up more CDs from the library. More opera? shudder

My meowmie watches sports, but when she does Paw leaves the room - he has
no interest in sports at all. That's fine by me - he goes to the back
yard and sites down, or to the bedroom and lies down, and then he gets to
pet me.

Amelia

Old March 30th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
Any of you who have slaves that like opera?
My Meowmie just decided to give opera a try. She is playing some opera
CDs.
When the singer hit the high notes, I want to twitch my ears.
Good thing I can sleep through anything.

Rusty

Mine meowmee olny lissenz wen hur kin see da reel opra wiff seenury an
koztoomz an awl. Hur knoz better dan tu twry tu sing.

Paw paw iz lernin peanow. We haz uh liddul playze,
an he hazza 'keybord' in hiz study-ruum.

Pit2nya, tryin hur nu spellink

Old March 30th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Last night on the TV news, they showed a young girl singing opera.
Apparently she is
very good and she has a CD coming out. Guess what her name is - Aria!

Rusty

Old March 31st 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:18:28 +0000, Rebecca wrote:

Ooo, kud I kum wif yoo? I wud like to see dat myownself!

Rebecca

But uv course! Just let me know when you want to see it, and we will go
look.

Countess K

Old March 31st 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Hihi, Pitoonya, gud to see yoo agin. How iz yur Meowmie doin wif gittin da
noo pooter set up?

Miz Kowntiss, mam, I fingk Pitoonya an me iz reddy wheneffur itz kaveenyint
fur yoo to sho ussez dat brush -- kapleetly at yur kaveenyintz, uv corse.

Rebecca, trying to be respectful to nobility