cat shows

Old April 27th 04, 10:59 PM
good golly Ms Molly

kaeli wrote:

In article , oldmolly1955
@REMOVETHISbitches.co.uk enlightened us with...
Kristine Kochanski wrote:

You obviously have *no* understanding of cat behaviour. You probably
have one overweight pampered moggy at home and assume that the world is
a nice place full of nice people where nice things happen every day.

And YOU assume that cat shows in the States are the same as in the UK.

Oops, I assumed that as I amreading a UK newsgroup I would be reading
about UK cat shows. I didn't realise you had crossposted this to other
newsgroups.

Old April 27th 04, 11:05 PM
good golly Ms Molly

Kristine Kochanski wrote:

Thanks for you highly knowledgable and insightful comments, I learned
a lot there.

I learned a lot too. LIke the fact that you took steps to hide your
identity in the headers. Normally only a troll would do that.

Old April 27th 04, 11:07 PM
good golly Ms Molly

kaeli wrote:

That was indeed the old way of training (koehler). Sad, eh? That was why
police dogs couldn't be brought into public without muzzles on.
Of course, most places have stopped such barbarism these days. But you
wouldn't be in touch with the last 15 years or so, I guess. Still
watching 20 year old American programs over on that side of the pond?

I have never seen a muzzled police dog. Are we talking about UK now or
USA?
The dog I mentioned was not 15 years ago at all. It was only a matter
of some 3 or 4 years ago.
I personally don't watch American trash thanks.I prefer to go onluine
or read a book for my relaxation after I have finished my chores.

Old April 28th 04, 12:55 AM
Cheryl

Kristine Kochanski dumped this in
on 27 Apr 2004:

Oh absolutely. Like I said in the original post, I don't doubt the
cats are hideously pampered and the owners loved showing them off and
chatting about it, I just think it's quite a barbaric practice to
still be doing in this so-called civilised world.

Do you have any opinion on dog shows? Just curious.

--
Cheryl

Old April 28th 04, 11:11 AM
Kristine Kochanski

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:05:06 +0100, good golly Ms Molly
wrote:

Kristine Kochanski wrote:

Thanks for you highly knowledgable and insightful comments, I learned
a lot there.

I learned a lot too. LIke the fact that you took steps to hide your
identity in the headers. Normally only a troll would do that.

?? where? I wouldn't know how to alter my headers if I tried! The only
thing that's altered is my email address. I've posted under my real
name for the duration of the time I've been on usenet (about 6 years)
but had to change recently after someone took a shine to something I'd
posted and began badgering me for dates, including tracking down my
phone number and calling me at all times of the day and night. I don't
want that kind of attention so now I'm anonymous, I'm certainly no
troll, I assumed *you* were the troll given your inflammatory and
childish approach to replying to posts.

Old April 28th 04, 11:21 AM
Kristine Kochanski

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:55:59 -0500, Cheryl
wrote:

Kristine Kochanski dumped this in
on 27 Apr 2004:

Oh absolutely. Like I said in the original post, I don't doubt the
cats are hideously pampered and the owners loved showing them off and
chatting about it, I just think it's quite a barbaric practice to
still be doing in this so-called civilised world.

Do you have any opinion on dog shows? Just curious.

Dogs aren't territorial like cats, nor are they trapped inside cages.
That's the barbaric aspect I object to. I still think it's pretty
pointless to judge a dog on appearance (expecially when you see those
poor little fluffy things with ribbons in their hair, ugh, or poodles
shaved into bizarre shapes, what IS that all about?!). But, if the dog
is happy enough to go along with walking around showing off to its
owner for a treat then there's not much to complain about. I can't see
a cat getting anything out of being shown. The ones I saw didn't look
too pleased about it anyway.

High everybody-looking for the website that shows CARB and PROTEIN content for kitty food! thanks. edirol Cat health & behaviour 14 September 14th 04 11:02 PM
Las Vegas OT Bev Cat anecdotes 28 May 11th 04 07:20 PM
Mighty huntress shows mighty annoyance ;-) dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 2 November 12th 03 11:50 AM