my cat eats plastic?

Old May 2nd 05, 08:01 AM
-L.

blueberries79 wrote:
It's amazing after reading this newsgroup for a few weeks how much

knowledge
is out there when odd situations arise. I dont know if anyone has

had this
happen before, but my cat Gabe loves to eat plastic

I haven't read all the responses, but this can be a sign of vitamin or
mineral deficiency. You might try giving him a half of a chewable cat
vitamin once or twice a week to see if it curbs the behavior.

-L.

Old May 3rd 05, 10:57 AM
K...........

Hi,

Our Kitty who is four years now loves to lick plastic. Especially the
plastic shopping bags.

The moment I get in the door from the store, and put the bags on the kitchen
table she is there licking away.

Fortunately she doesn't try to eat them though.

She does have a habit of licking most things including chairs, laundry
basket, bottom of the stove, and sometimes I've even caught her licking the
outer rim of the kitty tray....

so there, are you all put off your dinner now...

regards,

Kulander.
"blueberries79" wrote in message

"bookbug2005" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 7 mo. old cat's favorite toy is the hard plastic lid off a bottle of
a spray butter. It's small enough he can carry it around, and it
serves as both a soccer ball and an item with which we play fetch.

Michelle

My have stumbled on to something this evening... kept thinking about the
ideas everyone said while I was just getting ready for bed. I happened to
look at on the counter and saw the thick plastic shower curtain hooks we
had
gotten for our half bath. There were about 6 left over and I thought...
hey, what not? They're hard plastic so Gabe cant eat them and he does
like
to bat things around sometimes. Plus, poor Oreo lost her favorite toy (my
elastic hair bands) because Gabe kept eating them too, so it was kind of
the
same thing. I just played with the two of them for about 5 minutes and
they
seem to like the solution. Gabe at least, Oreo did her best to look
aloof.