gibberish and patches

Old September 23rd 03, 01:54 AM
Jean H

Default gibberish and patches

Sheena, how do you *check * for virus'es I just dont open any I dont know
by the way my Dad often used to call me Sheenah said it was Scottish
[Ithink]
or Irish for Jean, my Mum was Scottish jp

Old September 23rd 03, 02:56 AM
catsruleok

"Jean H" wrote in message ...
Sheena, how do you *check * for virus'es I just dont open any I dont know
by the way my Dad often used to call me Sheenah said it was Scottish
[Ithink]
or Irish for Jean, my Mum was Scottish jp

Hi jp,

You need to have a virus protection program installed on your computer. When I get an attachment I
download it *without opening it* to a floppy disc, open the Antivirus program and ask it to check
that file. I have been advised to download all attachements to a floppy disc to ensure that I don't
risk introducing a virus to my hard disc If the downloaded file contains a virus, I think the
program puts the virus into quarantine. After that, my husband gets rid of it :^) I need to learn
what he does. I hope this helps. I also hope that others here will be able to give your further
advice.

BTW, I spell my name the Irish way - ie, with an "h" on the end (Sheenah). My dad came from County
Fermanagh.

Best regards

Sheenah