Vet Tech Journals: Stray Kitty Update

Old June 15th 05, 05:16 AM
Mischief

Default Vet Tech Journals: Stray Kitty Update

Well, the stray kitty has been dubbed "Kitty" temporarily and currently
she is in the cat carrier munching on some Whiskas choice cuts. yum
yum

Dr. Z has found her to be pretty healthy, but she reccommends that I
keep her under quarantine for at least a week for health and behavioral
reasons.

She was covered in fleas, so I covered her in flea shampoo and gave her
a very thorough scrubbing. The fleas just kept coming off. Even after
being on the cage drying, I found a few dead fleas on her.

But she's clean, and a little bit whiter now. She didn't like me
getting a fecal. (I couldn't get anything with the wand, so I had to
use my pinky) But she did hold still so I could get a little blood

Her FELV/FIV test was negative and I gave her an FVRCP vaccine.

I scrubbed clean the bathroom so Kitty can live there for a little
while. Even though I gave her a thorough bath, I'm still finding dead
fleas and flea dirt on her. but I put some advantage on her, so that
will kill any fleas that are left.

I put up flyers today, and tomorrow I'm going to place an ad in the
paper and call the local shelters.

Kristi

Old June 15th 05, 06:13 AM
Jo Firey

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, the stray kitty has been dubbed "Kitty" temporarily and currently
she is in the cat carrier munching on some Whiskas choice cuts. yum
yum

But she's clean, and a little bit whiter now. She didn't like me
getting a fecal. (I couldn't get anything with the wand, so I had to
use my pinky) But she did hold still so I could get a little blood

And who wouldn't hold still at that point?

Glad she found you. A little more food and TLC and she will be ready to be
a proper housecat. AKA Master of the World

Jo

Old June 15th 05, 07:27 AM
Mischief

Yeah, she got so comfy with me scritching her that she stretched out on
her side and let me rub her tummy

Sigh..........

Kristi

Old June 15th 05, 09:12 AM
Adrian

Mischief wrote:
[...]

I assume the scan for a microchip was negative? Purrs that you find a great
home for her.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 15th 05, 10:20 AM
Mischief

Yep, scan was negative.

She's starting to wrap me around her little tail. She has this
adorable chirp.

Of course she snuck out of the bathroom and ran under the bed. As I
pulled her out, I saw Mischief was on the bed too. So I held up Kitty
and they sniffed each other without touching noses. Mischief took a
good sniff and suddenly she stopped looking curious, and hissed.
Sheesh!

I put Kitty back in the bathroom and shamed Mischief for being so rude.

But Kitty didn't mind. Everytime i'm in the bathroom now, she'll chirp
at me and want scritches.

Kristi

Old June 15th 05, 12:17 PM
SuzQ

Thanks for taking care of her. Purrs that she finds her OneTrueHome (if she
hasn't already ;o).
Suz&Spicey

Old June 15th 05, 02:09 PM
Adrian

Mischief wrote:
Yep, scan was negative.

She's starting to wrap me around her little tail. She has this
adorable chirp.

Of course she snuck out of the bathroom and ran under the bed. As I
pulled her out, I saw Mischief was on the bed too. So I held up Kitty
and they sniffed each other without touching noses. Mischief took a
good sniff and suddenly she stopped looking curious, and hissed.
Sheesh!

I put Kitty back in the bathroom and shamed Mischief for being so
rude.

But Kitty didn't mind. Everytime i'm in the bathroom now, she'll
chirp at me and want scritches.

Kristi

She sounds irresistible.

Old June 15th 05, 03:39 PM
Kreisleriana

On 14 Jun 2005 23:27:03 -0700, "Mischief"
yodeled:

Yeah, she got so comfy with me scritching her that she stretched out on
her side and let me rub her tummy

Sigh..........

Kristi

Awwwwwwwwwww! What a sweetie!

Theresa
Old June 15th 05, 03:39 PM
Kreisleriana

On 15 Jun 2005 02:20:44 -0700, "Mischief"
yodeled:

Yep, scan was negative.

She's starting to wrap me around her little tail. She has this
adorable chirp.

Of course she snuck out of the bathroom and ran under the bed. As I
pulled her out, I saw Mischief was on the bed too. So I held up Kitty
and they sniffed each other without touching noses. Mischief took a
good sniff and suddenly she stopped looking curious, and hissed.
Sheesh!

I put Kitty back in the bathroom and shamed Mischief for being so rude.

But Kitty didn't mind. Everytime i'm in the bathroom now, she'll chirp
at me and want scritches.

Kristi

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Theresa