How to name a cat?

Old September 18th 03, 03:00 AM
Angela Ryan

Default How to name a cat?

I was wondering how everybody else picked names for their cats....

Gizmo...well that came from the fact that my other half loves Gizmos and
Gadgets so we figured that since she liked him the most when she first
adopted us we sould name hr appropriately. Of course we could've called her
Gadget!! She was almost called Inspector Gadget but we thought that to be
too long

Angela and Gizmo
(known as Catty Puss by our neighbours grandson)

Old September 19th 03, 12:09 AM
Brenda Watkins

"Angela Ryan" wrote in message
I was wondering how everybody else picked names for their cats....

Gizmo...well that came from the fact that my other half loves Gizmos and
Gadgets so we figured that since she liked him the most when she first
adopted us we sould name hr appropriately. Of course we could've called

her
Gadget!! She was almost called Inspector Gadget but we thought that to be
too long

Angela and Gizmo
(known as Catty Puss by our neighbours grandson)

I named Bunter after a character in a series of detective novels which I was
reading at the time I got him - Lord Peter Wimsey's valet and loyal
sidekick.

Emily came with her name when we adopted her from our local animal shelter -
a pretty name for a pretty cat.

Mr Peabody just kind of evolved from "my little sweet pea."

Brenda

Old September 20th 03, 01:46 PM
jmcquown

Angela Ryan wrote:
I was wondering how everybody else picked names for their cats....

Gizmo...well that came from the fact that my other half loves Gizmos
and Gadgets so we figured that since she liked him the most when she
first adopted us we sould name hr appropriately. Of course we
could've called her Gadget!! She was almost called Inspector Gadget
but we thought that to be too long

Angela and Gizmo
(known as Catty Puss by our neighbours grandson)

I'd been claimed by Persia for a couple of days and was still considering
trying to place her with someone. I looked at her and said well, I can't
keep calling you "cat", so what's your name? "Persia" just popped into my
head. She was walking away from me at that moment; I said "Persia!" and she
turned around and walked back to me as if to say, "You rang?" She's
answered to it from the get-go. And of course I kept her

Jill

Old September 22nd 03, 04:36 AM
Stacey

I'm the wrong person to ask... it took us about five names before we came up
with Moogie... the poor thing is probably going to have multiple personality
disorder!

Stacey
\