Cats and boxes revisited

Old September 18th 03, 03:38 PM
Marina

Default Cats and boxes revisited

I brought home a lovely box from the post office again. As usual, Nikki fell
in love with it, and snuggles in it every so often. There is some lovely
crinkly packing paper on the bottom of the box, too, to dig down under.
Surprisingly, she doesn't use it as a litter box.

Today, I got home a little late from work, and the cats were *starving*, so
they told me in no uncertain terms. After they had eaten, Nikki went to her
box again, and snuggled down. But she didn't lay down to sleep, as she
usually does, she hunched down with her ears back. I thought, "oh, we are
going to have a fit of the crazies on our hands in a minute." Then Frank
walked past the box, Nikki stood up on her back legs and bapped him, and
sank back down into the box.

Frank jumped about three feet in the air, and ran off. After a while, he had
to pass the box again, but this time he dashed past it at top speed, so as
not to get bapped by the monster in the box. Now, each time he passes the
box, he walks up slowly, then makes a mad dash past the box, then walks
normally again.

Nikki is trying a new tactic. Each time Frank is approaching the box, she
hunkers down and prrts very sweetly and innocently, but she hasn't fooled
Frank yet. He is not going to get bapped any more!

Here's Nikki looking sweet and innocent in the box:

http://tinyurl.com/nt9m

--
Marina

Old September 18th 03, 03:52 PM
CK

LOL, Nikki, the Bapper-in-the-box...

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Old September 18th 03, 06:02 PM
m. L. Briggs

http://tinyurl.com/nt9m Mischief personified! MLB

Old September 18th 03, 11:35 PM
Tanada

Marina wrote:

Nikki is trying a new tactic. Each time Frank is approaching the box, she
hunkers down and prrts very sweetly and innocently, but she hasn't fooled
Frank yet. He is not going to get bapped any more!

Here's Nikki looking sweet and innocent in the box:

http://tinyurl.com/nt9m

But she is sweet and innocent. BG Isn't it amazing how much cats
love their boxes? Ours love it when I got boot shopping for Rob and the
kids.

Pam S.
Old September 19th 03, 12:17 AM
Brenda Watkins

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

I love it when they do stuff like that! Reminds me of a paper shopping bag
which I had to leave on the living room floor for a month or so. The cats
took turn hiding in it and ambushing each other. The funniest moment came
after Pea had managed to tear a hole in the bottom. When Emily came near
the bag, a little paw shot out and tagged her - and she jumped about three
feet in the air.

Brenda

Old September 19th 03, 12:27 AM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:

Nikki is trying a new tactic. Each time Frank is approaching the box, she
hunkers down and prrts very sweetly and innocently, but she hasn't fooled
Frank yet. He is not going to get bapped any more!

Here's Nikki looking sweet and innocent in the box:

http://tinyurl.com/nt9m

That's so funny! I don't think Betty would voluntarily ever enter a
box, as the only boxes she's been in have been boxes that she had been
trapped in, like the shelter's cardboard carrier that I brought her
home in, her regular cat carrier, etc.

Old September 19th 03, 04:49 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:27:11 -0400, Takayuki
wrote:

"Marina" wrote:

Nikki is trying a new tactic. Each time Frank is approaching the box, she
hunkers down and prrts very sweetly and innocently, but she hasn't fooled
Frank yet. He is not going to get bapped any more!

Here's Nikki looking sweet and innocent in the box:

http://tinyurl.com/nt9m

That's so funny! I don't think Betty would voluntarily ever enter a
box, as the only boxes she's been in have been boxes that she had been
trapped in, like the shelter's cardboard carrier that I brought her
home in, her regular cat carrier, etc.

She might surprise yo though. Today Rocky, ex-feral and very wary of
carriers and traps, was playing with Sammy. Sammy hid in a bag for a
while and swatted at Rocky, then when she got tired and came out he
stuck about the front thrid of his body into the bag. Didn't go all
the way in, but didn't seem afraid of the bag.
Old September 19th 03, 05:42 AM
Marina

"CK" wrote
LOL, Nikki, the Bapper-in-the-box...

I'd say Nikki the *Mad* Bapper in the box. ;o)

--
Marina
Old September 19th 03, 05:46 AM
Marina

"Takayuki" wrote

That's so funny! I don't think Betty would voluntarily ever enter a
box, as the only boxes she's been in have been boxes that she had been
trapped in, like the shelter's cardboard carrier that I brought her
home in, her regular cat carrier, etc.

Nikki hates the carrier, but she loves all boxes, bags and other snuggly
places. Frank doesn't like them that much, that is probably why he leaves
Nikki's tent alone, too.

--
Marina

Old September 19th 03, 11:42 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Marina"
wrote:

I brought home a lovely box from the post office again. As usual, Nikki
fell
in love with it, and snuggles in it every so often. There is some lovely
crinkly packing paper on the bottom of the box, too, to dig down under.
Surprisingly, she doesn't use it as a litter box.

Spicey has a box too with papers in it. She benefits from my online ordering.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.