Microsoft Emails OT

Old September 20th 03, 06:50 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:30:17 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Bev wrote:

I am being inundated with Microsoft emails with subject headings such as
Security Patch, Bug and many with virus messages deleted by my server.
Is anyone else having this problem? I rang my server but they said
there was nothing they could do about spam emails and wanted to know if
I had subscribed to anything or had anyone else been near the computer
(ye gods, Bonnie was hanging around the keyboard yesterday). I said no
on both counts.

The problem started yesterday and this morning there were 150 of these
emails to delete. Today I have got rid of another fifty or so.
Fortunately I have Mailwasher so I can delete them without downloading
them. I have heard on the news here that people are having problems
with computers crashing from some virus which is attacking microsoft and
am wondering if this is somehow connected. Scream!!!!

I know it's small consolation, but it appears to be worldwide, so
perhaps someone, SOMEWHERE can do something about it! (We can but
pray.)

Fortunately cyclamen plants do not appear to be poisonous as Bonnie has
neatly snapped off all the lovely red flowers on one I was given for a
present. She has eaten several of them and seems to find them tasty.
I have brought in some of my flowering cymbidium orchids and I suspect
they will be the next items on her diet list. She has been sleeping
amongst the daffodils but doesn't eat them, just as well, as I know they
are poisonous.

Well, I always understood diefenbachia was poisonous to cats, but when
someone gave me a "floor model" in a big pot, Paraclete snacked it down
to the roots, with no apparent ill effects. (She succumbed to feline
lukemia a couple of years later, but I'm sure the two were not related.)

The other name for the plant is Dumb Cane and I heard it paralyzes the
throat if eaten --
Old September 20th 03, 02:44 PM
William Hamblen

On 2003-09-20, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Well, I always understood diefenbachia was poisonous to cats, but when
someone gave me a "floor model" in a big pot, Paraclete snacked it down
to the roots, with no apparent ill effects. (She succumbed to feline
lukemia a couple of years later, but I'm sure the two were not related.)

The sap of diefenbachia is supposed to be very astringent, so the
plant is called dumb cane (I think). With one bite you pucker up
and can't talk for a while.

--
When the fog came in on little cat feet last night, it left these little
muddy paw prints on the hood of my car.

Old September 20th 03, 03:08 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old September 20th 03, 07:29 PM

"m. L. Briggs" wrote:

The other name for the plant is Dumb Cane and I heard it paralyzes the
throat if eaten --

Well, there was never anything wrong with her voice-box (she often
reminded me that her grandmother was an albino Siamese).
Old September 20th 03, 10:33 PM
Yowie

link.net...
On 2003-09-20, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Well, I always understood diefenbachia was poisonous to cats, but when
someone gave me a "floor model" in a big pot, Paraclete snacked it down
to the roots, with no apparent ill effects. (She succumbed to feline
lukemia a couple of years later, but I'm sure the two were not related.)

The sap of diefenbachia is supposed to be very astringent, so the
plant is called dumb cane (I think). With one bite you pucker up
and can't talk for a while.

How do you prouncounce "deifenbachia"? It reminds me of a certain deaf wolf
from the TV show Due South. And anything that reminds me of Due South is a
Good Thing drool

Yowie

Old September 22nd 03, 04:20 AM
Stacey

I haven't gotten any MS emails or worm mails or anything... although today I
did get an MSN email in French, I just deleted it!

Stacey

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.