gibberish and patches

Old September 21st 03, 01:16 PM
Jean H

Default gibberish and patches

HI All, I too am getting all these between 14 and 20 at a time,
and being very new to this I would innocently have opened attachments
eept for the fact that my son lectured me about such things when
he built the computer for me. Also some of my letters of sympathy
and*hugs and purrs* dont seem to be getting through, although
maybe I just dont see them,[ I try and check just because I am
new to sending emails ]so apologies if it seems I dont care, because
I do! Like the stories I jusy read about Old George and the lady who
needs temporary sitters for her boy babies. I'm lucky, I have my Daughter
to look after mine, and two good neighbours who will help out when
nescessary, like when my daughter was pregnant.Good Luck to you
all I think there are some wonderful people out there jp

Old September 21st 03, 02:13 PM
catsruleok

"Jean H" wrote in message ...
HI All, I too am getting all these between 14 and 20 at a time,
and being very new to this I would innocently have opened attachments
eept for the fact that my son lectured me about such things when
he built the computer for me. Also some of my letters of sympathy
and*hugs and purrs* dont seem to be getting through, although
maybe I just dont see them,[ I try and check just because I am
new to sending emails ]so apologies if it seems I dont care, because
I do! Like the stories I jusy read about Old George and the lady who
needs temporary sitters for her boy babies. I'm lucky, I have my Daughter
to look after mine, and two good neighbours who will help out when
nescessary, like when my daughter was pregnant.Good Luck to you
all I think there are some wonderful people out there jp

Hi jp,

I hope that your son has suggested to you that you should never open *any* attachment without first
checking it for viruses. I hope he has also shown you how to ensure that you keep your virus
protection program up to date. Others here may be able to advise you of other things you could do
to try to ensure that your computer is never infected by any virus. I, for one, hope it never will
be.

BTW, welcome to RPCA.

Sheenah

Old September 21st 03, 07:04 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:16:52 GMT, "Jean H"
wrote:

HI All, I too am getting all these between 14 and 20 at a time,
and being very new to this I would innocently have opened attachments
eept for the fact that my son lectured me about such things when
he built the computer for me. Also some of my letters of sympathy
and*hugs and purrs* dont seem to be getting through, although
maybe I just dont see them,[ I try and check just because I am
new to sending emails ]so apologies if it seems I dont care, because
I do! Like the stories I jusy read about Old George and the lady who
needs temporary sitters for her boy babies. I'm lucky, I have my Daughter
to look after mine, and two good neighbours who will help out when
nescessary, like when my daughter was pregnant.Good Luck to you
all I think there are some wonderful people out there jp

Yes, the spam has really been coming in. I have spent more time
deleting than reading. The Old George story was really touching. The
people who are kind enough to raise little orphans are great The ones
who give their all to the sick and helpless are really angels here on
earth. MLB
Old September 23rd 03, 02:35 AM
catsruleok

"Jean H" wrote in message ...
Yes thanks I'm grateful for your concern,My Son did explain that
and he keeps up with the blocking for me.So I never open attachments
unless I know the person who sent them.sometimes I cant get to see
the pictures on the group, some I can, others just dont happen for me.
I guess I'll have to talk to him about that this week thanks for your
help and interest jp

Hi again jp,

I have been advised to also check any attachment that comes from a familar address because an
address can be stolen. I have a feeling that one or two people here have had their addresses stolen
at one time.

Sheenah