Did I Do Something Wrong? [OT]

Old March 2nd 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Did I Do Something Wrong? [OT]

Maybe it's just the way the group is focused right now, maybe I'm being too
sensitive for no reason, maybe I'm being childish - all very real
possibilities.

But also, maybe I've done something wrong and offended people here?

It just seems like my posts are not being responded to except by one or two
people, and are being mostly ignored.

I don't want to read anything into this that's not there. But neither do I
want to force myself into a place I'm not wanted.

If there has been something(s) I've done and am just too dense to realize
I've given offense, can someone please clue me in (you can email me
privately if you don't want to respond in the group)? If I've done
something gauche I'd like the chance to apologize.

Thanks in advance.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 2nd 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Maybe it's just the way the group is focused right now, maybe I'm
being too sensitive for no reason, maybe I'm being childish - all
very real possibilities.

But also, maybe I've done something wrong and offended people here?

It just seems like my posts are not being responded to except by one
or two people, and are being mostly ignored.

I don't want to read anything into this that's not there. But
neither do I want to force myself into a place I'm not wanted.

If there has been something(s) I've done and am just too dense to
realize I've given offense, can someone please clue me in (you can
email me privately if you don't want to respond in the group)? If
I've done something gauche I'd like the chance to apologize.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think so... sometimes I just have no time to reply to every post.

Jill

Old March 2nd 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I'm trying to take that into account - I'm guilty of that myself a
lot. But I wanted to be sure I haven't been obnoxious without realizing it.
I really am dense sometimes when it comes to my foot-in-mouth disease.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 2nd 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:04:13 -0600, CatNipped wrote:

Maybe it's just the way the group is focused right now, maybe I'm being too
sensitive for no reason, maybe I'm being childish - all very real
possibilities.

But also, maybe I've done something wrong and offended people here?

It just seems like my posts are not being responded to except by one or two
people, and are being mostly ignored.

I don't want to read anything into this that's not there. But neither do I
want to force myself into a place I'm not wanted.

If there has been something(s) I've done and am just too dense to realize
I've given offense, can someone please clue me in (you can email me
privately if you don't want to respond in the group)? If I've done
something gauche I'd like the chance to apologize.

Thanks in advance.

At this point, I have 1,197 unread anecdotes. I have 790 health &
behavior unread. I have 117 a.cats unread and 160 community.
My eyes get tired of reading, so I do it in short segments. Either the
days art getting shorter, or my eyes are wearing out.

Perhaps it is time for another Mommy story -- I'll stop everything for
one of those.

Purrs that all is well for you and yours. MLB

Old March 2nd 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I certainly haven't noticed any problem posts from you. I am very busy
nowadays, and usually don't read all posts. I respond to very few of those
I do read - mostly just to indicate purrs. Please don't leave.

Joy

Old March 3rd 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yoj" wrote in message
et...
CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Joy.

I'm not going to leave - at the most I would apologize and lurk for a while
till the coast is clear! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 3rd 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-02, CatNipped penned:

If there has been something(s) I've done and am just too dense to
realize I've given offense, can someone please clue me in (you can
email me privately if you don't want to respond in the group)? If
I've done something gauche I'd like the chance to apologize.

I don't think so. Like many others, I just don't have the time to
read everything, or respond to everything I read. Pictures, in
particular, I tend to save for later, and sometimes I actually get to
them, and sometimes I don't. Same with longer posts. Sometimes I
save more difficult posts so that I can craft just the right response,
and then suddenly it's two weeks later and I never did post ... but I
did think about the person.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 3rd 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Oh, yeah, there has been a few times lately when I've had to "mark
conversation as read" after reading the first post and sending purrs when I
can. I understand that RL takes its toll on everyone - I just wanted to be
sure I didn't need to apologize for and offense I was too dense to realize
I'd committed.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 3rd 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-02, CatNipped penned:

If there has been something(s) I've done and am just too dense to
realize I've given offense, can someone please clue me in (you can
email me privately if you don't want to respond in the group)? If
I've done something gauche I'd like the chance to apologize.

I don't think so. Like many others, I just don't have the time to
read everything, or respond to everything I read. Pictures, in
particular, I tend to save for later, and sometimes I actually get to
them, and sometimes I don't. Same with longer posts. Sometimes I
save more difficult posts so that I can craft just the right response,
and then suddenly it's two weeks later and I never did post ... but I
did think about the person.

Thanks. I didn't mean to whine or seem so needy, I just wanted to make sure
I hadn't hurt anyone's feelings.
--

Hugs,

CatNipped

monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 3rd 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Maybe it's just the way the group is focused right now, maybe I'm being
too sensitive for no reason, maybe I'm being childish - all very real
possibilities.

But also, maybe I've done something wrong and offended people here?

It just seems like my posts are not being responded to except by one or
two people, and are being mostly ignored.

I don't want to read anything into this that's not there. But neither do
I want to force myself into a place I'm not wanted.

If there has been something(s) I've done and am just too dense to realize
I've given offense, can someone please clue me in (you can email me
privately if you don't want to respond in the group)? If I've done
something gauche I'd like the chance to apologize.

Thanks in advance.

Gosh, you are as bad as I am. When I don't hear from friends and family, I
start to think they don't love me anymore. We won't get into how personally
I take it when I lose a tax client. Dying isn't a good enough excuse.

You are fine. We still love you.

Personally not posting much as, I have been having trouble breathing for
weeks. Can't shake this cold or pneumonia or whatever it is.

Kayla is running us ragged. She is the sweetest, happiest dog I've ever
known but she is still a four month old border collie.

We have painters in the house. I'm thrilled, happy, delighted to be getting
my house painted but the place is a disaster area.

I need a nap.

Jo