Rhett has a new obsession

Old May 27th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Rhett has a new obsession

Afaik the Febreze thing was a hoax.

Nanny

"Christine Burel" schreef in bericht

wrote in message
oups.com...

Christine Burel wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Now that humidifier season is over, Rhett's had to find something
else to get in trouble with. Now he's pulling the air duct registers
out of the floor. This could be bad.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl, that's too weird! Maybe, try spraying something
strong-smelling
(that you like) on the registers -- like a citrus smell or.... I just
decided to try out some of that Febreeze spray on some of the "marked"

areas
that I've cleaned up first with Petzyme and talk about an overpowering
perfumey smell. Fortunately, that smell also fades. I think if I were

cat smelling it I'd move as far away as possible.
hth,
Christine

Christine: Remember the Febreeze controversy? It was probably 6 years
ago or so...I wonder how that ever came out. Some people claimed it was
harmful to both adults & pets.
I guess it probably came out fine...they're putting Febreeze in
*everything* now. Dryer sheets, laundry detergent, air sprays, fabric
softeners. It smells good but it's strong! When I use it on the
laundry, and hang it out on the clothesline, the bees swarm the
clothes. They think there's a giant flower in there somewhere...

Sherry

No, I don't remember this -- so, should I quit using it?
Christine

Old May 27th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 26 May 2006 09:30:50a, Christine Burel wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Cheryl, that's too weird! Maybe, try spraying something
strong-smelling (that you like) on the registers -- like a
citrus smell or.... I just decided to try out some of that
Febreeze spray on some of the "marked" areas that I've cleaned
up first with Petzyme and talk about an overpowering perfumey
smell. Fortunately, that smell also fades. I think if I were a
cat smelling it I'd move as far away as possible.

Thanks Christine. I'll look for something that might work. Tonight
he's left them alone. The kitchen one has one of those deflectors
that directs the air flow, and I put it there mostly to keep them
from knocking dry food down the hole. That made it even heavier, so
I'm amazed that he could pull it out of the floor.

--
Cheryl
Old May 27th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:

But yes, he's SUPERCAT. He was the one pushing the humidfier
around the floor. He just slashed the top of my foot because I
inadvertently got in the way of him batting an icecube around the
room. ANOTHER obsession.

LOL. He does seem to be very strong. Miranda likes it if I put an ice
cube in her water dish. She stalks it and bats at it.

On another note, I got Shamrock slowly down to a teeny tiny dose of
Clomicalm to wean him off of it. Then he started horking up his
food several weeks ago and I suspected the Atopica for his
allergies was causing it. Since the Clomicalm dose was so low, I
stopped both drugs to stop the vomiting. The vomiting finally
stopped, but now he's back to psycho-kitty and he's getting bumps
that itch him really bad. My carpet is covered with black clumps of
fur (poor Bonnie). He's got to go back on the Clomicalm. I don't
know what we're going to do about the allergies. He might have to
endure the itching that leads to the bloody bitten bumpy skin with
no fur.

Poor Shamrock. Lots of purrs on the way for him.

Old May 27th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-27, Cheryl penned:
Bonnie). He's got to go back on the Clomicalm. I don't know what
we're going to do about the allergies. He might have to go back to
Depo shots when it gets bad. That means he has to endure the
itching that leads to the bloody bitten bumpy skin with no fur.

Poor Shamrock. It isn't easy being green. You and your feline family
have been through a lot with him, too. It must be exhausting.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 27th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 26 May 2006 09:42:05 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2006-05-26, CatNipped penned:

LOL! He has an airflow fetish!! ; My Bandit has a shoe fetish -
I can't open my closet without her running over so she can rub
herself all over my shoes!

Oscar likes to lie on my shoes. There's always a pair lying out
somewhere, so it works out well for her.

I used to have a cat who had a foot odor fetish. As soon as I took my
shoes off, she would rush over and push her face into the shoes.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old May 27th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Thu 25 May 2006 09:48:19p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
roups.com):

Cheryl wrote:
Now that humidifier season is over, Rhett's had to find
something else to get in trouble with. Now he's pulling the air
duct registers out of the floor. This could be bad.

--
Cheryl

ROFL! He must be a *strong* cat. Yeah, it could be bad. Really
bad if he decides to stuff Scarlett into one, then put it back
on. :-)

Ooo. Seriously though, do you think he'd go exploring in the
ductwork himself?

No, he can't fit in there. It's about 4" diameter, and the entry
to the duct isn't straight down, it's a 90* turn; he couldn't fit
into the recess. Scarlett might, but I doubt it. They might bat
stuff down there, but the last cleaning turned up tons of junk.
This is the first time I've seen any of them pull the register out.
My brother told me that his youngest stuffed food down there back
when he lived here. LOL

[...]

Poor Shamrock! Purrs that the shots help him! My friend's allergic kitty
has had to get shots, too, and I think they also give him prednisone daily
because of his allergies; I remember having to pill him when I was
catsitting.

I just took Tucker in yesterday to get his yearly shots and to get a renewal
for his compounded clomipramine -- I think he definitely does better on it,
too.

Christine

Old May 27th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:

That made it even heavier, so
I'm amazed that he could pull it out of the floor.

Just be glad that it came free before he pulled the whole house
off its foundation. :-)
--

Wayne M.
Old May 27th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Now that humidifier season is over, Rhett's had to find something
else to get in trouble with. Now he's pulling the air duct registers
out of the floor. This could be bad.

Now I just *have* to know what an air duct register is/ what on earth is it?
Tweed
(Brit, please excuse)

Old May 27th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Now that humidifier season is over, Rhett's had to find something
else to get in trouble with. Now he's pulling the air duct registers
out of the floor. This could be bad.

Now I just *have* to know what an air duct register is/ what on earth
is it? Tweed
(Brit, please excuse)

Here in 'Merika, a lot of homes/apartments have central heating/cooling.
What's to say is that air is heated/cooled and blown through aluminum
(aluminium for you, Tweed ) ductwork (which is where Duct tape comes into
play - it was originally used to tape these together, to patch holes in
them, etc., etc, and it was silver to match the ducts - but no, now we
butchered up the language and call it "duck" tape (possibly because the
inventor/manufacturer has a picture of a little yellow duck on every
package), instead of the proper term of ducT tape) and vents that runs
through floors (if your house has a basement/crawlspace), ceiling (no
basement, but attic space) or walls (no basement nor attic, but the unit is
located in a centralized location in the home, and the vents only go a short
distance through the walls to each room). The 'register' is what is used to
cover the opening in the floor/wall/ceiling but still let air through. Some
of them can be directional to aim the air to particular (or different) parts
of the room (they refer to these types as diffusers), some can be closed off
so that you can save money by not heating/cooling a room not in use. The
registers can be drab things, painted to match the floor/wall/ceiling, or
they can be highly decorative, such as this one here, made to look like a
Victorian era 'grate':

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...410&lpage=none

Are you confused enough now?

If not, please holler and I will do my best at confusing you even more!

Old May 27th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

No, your explanation was great. It's not necessary to have these air ducts
in England, as it's always firkin cold ;-)

If I did have such a thing, and my cat was removing it I would tape it down.

Tweed