Commencing search for kitten

Old March 18th 05, 02:13 PM
Duke of URL

Default Commencing search for kitten

Being of unfirm body and extremely unsound mind, I've decided to add another
furball to my household.
I want another Siamese - the traditional, normal sort: "applehead".
Although I would love to have a rose-point, I realize they're horribly
expensive, so I'll be happy with a seal-point. I positively want a
pure-bred.
I am now living in Lincoln, Nebraska; anyone in the group have helpful
advice/suggestions/free kittens?
--
Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler, Paleoconservative

Old March 18th 05, 02:55 PM
Karen

You might contact www.thecathouse.org because they do occasionally have
rescue purebreds. I know they had an adorable oriental who was adopted out a
few months ago. I would also call around to the vets. Definitely ask at the
All Feline Clinic. Often they know of someone looking for a home (I would
exhaust siamese rescues first. I just bet there is one out there.) I
actually have not seen any Siamese breeders around here. The only purebred
breeders I ever see in the area are for Maine Coons (several of those) and I
think maybe a Devon Rex breeder nearby. But I think it possible you could
find one through the Cat House or Dr. Arnold.

Old March 18th 05, 03:51 PM
Karen

Look look!! At the Cat House.

http://tinyurl.com/5z7tw

http://tinyurl.com/6pbsl

I know they aren't kittens, and the girl isn't purebred, but I"m *certain*
they have the personality. Deke looks especially interesting. Such a
beautiful color and he sounds sweet.

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
Duke of URL wrote:
Being of unfirm body and extremely unsound mind, I've decided to add

another
furball to my household.
I want another Siamese - the traditional, normal sort: "applehead".
Although I would love to have a rose-point, I realize they're horribly
expensive, so I'll be happy with a seal-point. I positively want a
pure-bred.
I am now living in Lincoln, Nebraska; anyone in the group have helpful
advice/suggestions/free kittens?

Someone posted a link for a Siamese rescue service recently:

http://co.siameserescue.org/

Presumably their cats would be inexpensive, if not free, and they might
even have homeless kittens. They have a map showing what areas their
volunteers cover under 'Meezer Express' and then click on the map. Due to
them not having labelled the states, and my poor knowledge of American
geography, I can't say whether this coveres Nebraska.

--
Cheryl

Old March 19th 05, 01:57 PM
Duke of URL

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
Duke of URL wrote:

[...]

Thank you.
--
Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler, Paleoconservative

Old March 19th 05, 07:37 PM
Mary

Duke of URL wrote:
[...]

What a wonderful idea! This way the Duke could have a
lovely pure-bred cat and help a cat too. It's a win-win
situation.