A cat forum. CatBanter

Hi

Old February 17th 19, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Judith Latham

Default Hi

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on March 3, 2019.

In article , jmcquown
On 2019-02-13 11:54 a.m., Judith Latham wrote:
As I haven't seen a post for a few days i thought I'd check to see if
everyone is ok.

Still alive, and so are the cats. I do have a kind of second-hand
story involving cats.

Friends of mine have one cat, a lovely and (fortunately) laid-back
animal. By coincidence, two of their daughters are in the process of
moving back to town for work. They expect to find their own homes (one
has already put an offer in on a house), but are temporarily living
with their parents. One brought her two cats, the other, her husband,
infant daughter, cat and three dogs. Life is exciting. In preparation
(based on previous experience) they improvised a gate for the
basement hall to keep the dogs and one of the cats confined when no
one was home (to minimize territorial marking and "accidents" in the
rest of the house). I had my doubts as to the effectiveness of this
gate, but to my surprise, clambering over the top of the gate was
something like the third escape option. I would have thought it would
be the first. All escapes involved the cat, an elderly, crochety and
deaf animal that doesn't get along well with the new housemates, but
also doesn't like being confined, not even in two large comfortable
rooms with all necessities provided. I think his first escape
involved actually opening the gate if the latch wasn't properly
closed. The second involved getting UNDER the gate - I questioned how
this was possible, and was told that he lay on his side and kind of
wriggled.

I love it! Wouldn't it have been great if there were video cameras?

I often wish I had cameras built into my eyeglasses just so I could
capture an entirely cute (or unexpected) moment. Can't move to get the
camera or the moment will be gone.

Third was over -
although now there's a shelf on the inner side of the gate to prevent
him from reaching the top of the gate.

That's a good idea.

I think everyone will be relieved when new homes are obtained for the
visitors!

It sounds like a rather chaotic situation! Kudos to the elderly cat who
just said NO. LOL Where there's a will, there's a way.

Hopefully the multiple housing situation will be resolved soon. A
relief for all!

Jill

I'm sure there will be more stories before they move to their new homes.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.