Swelling under tongue

Old August 8th 03, 02:47 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Priscilla Ballou composed with style:

I may just give her some cream! She's fine with dairy.

OOooo she'd probably lap that up.

What's Catsip milk?

It's a simulated milk product they sell in pet food stores that is
lactose free yet looks and probably tastes like milk. It's thick sort
of like cream.

Old August 8th 03, 03:05 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
In article ,
Priscilla Ballou wrote:

She's a little perkier tonight, and she spent some time upstairs with me
cuddling but foregoing her usual vigorous grooming of my face (she did a
few tiny little lappy licks, but that's all), but she doesn't want the
Nutro wet food blended up with chicken stock that I made. That might
not be her illness, though -- her brothers turned their noses up at it,
too! I'm about to softboil some eggs and serve them along with some
blended tuna, see how those are treated. Tomorrow I'll get some
babyfood (yes, I know about onions).

Whew! She just inhaled a saucer full of pureed people tuna, lapped up a
bit of soft-boiled egg, and even chowed down on some of the un-pureed
cat tuna I gave to the boys. Excellent performance! Let's hear it for
steroids!

Good. :-) Yes, prednisone's what got Debbie's appetite jump-started when
she was initially ill w/ liver disease. Her appetite'd been *awful*, but
before leaving the internist's he gave her a hefty starter dose of Pred, &
she ate w/ gusto later on that afternoon. The internist called me that
evening, asking if it'd done the trick. Yep!

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old August 8th 03, 04:38 AM
Betsy

Yes, suddenly Bella was drooling. But of course it had been growing for
awhile & I just didn't notice. Nor do I remember if she wasn't eating,
having a multiple cat household at the time (5 cats).

Keep us posted.

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
In article , "Betsy" -0
wrote:

I don't want to necessarily alarm you, but I lost 2 cats to squamous

cell
carcinomas. They each were misdiagnosed before the tragic truth was
apparent.

First, keep an eye on that swelling. If after the steroids wear off it
doesn't go down, insist on having a biopsy done. A needle aspirate may

not
be sufficient--it wasn't for one of mine.

Thanks for the information! Did it come on quickly for your cats?
Caley appeared fine yesterday morning.

I hope for the best for you. I mention this because this is an

aggressive
cancer and can be treated fairly successfully if caught early, although
cures aren't usually possible.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Old August 8th 03, 08:05 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

Betsy -0 quoth:
Yes, suddenly Bella was drooling. But of course it had been growing for
awhile & I just didn't notice. Nor do I remember if she wasn't eating,
having a multiple cat household at the time (5 cats).

Keep us posted.

Will do. Thanks.

Priscilla

Old August 9th 03, 11:34 PM
Priscilla Ballou

The prednisone helped for a while, but she's worse again tonight. She
wanted her dinner, but eating it caused too much discomfort. She only
lapped up a tiny bit of the pureed tuna I gave her.

I tried opening her mouth to look at the area which had been swollen,
but there's so much froth in there I couldn't see anything. I don't
know if the froth was from pureed tuna she hasn't swallowed or from all
the drool.

I called the Doctor who saw her Thursday, and she'll be in tomorrow
morning at 11:00. She's going to call me then. Guess I skip church
again this week. :-(

Poor Caley girl. She is my very special special kitty girl, and it
really scares me for her to be sick.

Priscilla