Update was taking a cat in

Old August 11th 03, 12:03 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Rona Yuthasastrakosol composed with style:
"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message

So, once again, what do I do now?

So, I took Stranger Cat to the vet after work today to check for a
microchip (the vet I went to doesn't charge for the service),

Good luck!

Old August 12th 03, 12:28 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Cheryl" wrote in message

Good luck!

Sorry if it's bad nettiquette to change a subject line so many times.

I had some sad news this afternoon. When I called home at lunchtime I
learned that Stranger Cat's owners had come and taken her away! They called
the humane society this morning and were told she was at our house. Turns
out they were just a few doors down. I knew they had a dog, but didnt'
realize they had a cat, too. Anyhoo, I was very sad, since I was already
thinking of her as mine, and was also thinking of names for her! Very
premature, I know, but she was so sweet I couldn't help it! Oh well. It's
all for the best since her humans are very much relieved, and she's in a
safe and comfortable place (not that my place wouldn't have been safe and
comfortable :-(). Because it was my mother who gave Stranger Cat back, I
didn't get to suggest getting her microchipped, nor did I even get to ask
her real name! Perhaps I'll recommend myself as a cat sitter so I can
visit. On a plus note, my cat will sure be happy now that she can come in
my room again!

rona

Old August 12th 03, 02:51 AM
Cathy Friedmann

Oh, phew - When I read the subject line I was afraid she was sick, or worse.
I can see where you'd have started to get attached to her, but I'm glad her
owners found her. And since you're so close to their house, yes - go ahead
& make the offer to catsit. :-) (And you can find out what her real name
is!)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old August 12th 03, 04:31 AM
MacCandace

Perhaps I'll recommend myself as a cat sitter so I can
visit. On a plus note, my cat will sure be happy now that she can come in
my room again!

rona

I would certainly go down there and introduce yourself. I would think they
would be grateful to you for taking her in and keeping her safe and, hopefully,
you could find out how/why she got out and even suggest the microchipping. It
never hurts to be friendly with the neighbors, especially if they are cat
lovers. It sounds as tho they care about her, but I wonder why it took them so
long to call the Humane Society. I would want to know what kind of owners they
are.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace