Cat Drooling

Old January 14th 04, 02:45 AM
Thomas F. Maguire

Default Cat Drooling

I've seen this discussed in the past and have observed in my guy that when
he's very happy, he sometimes drools. I've also noticed that when he sleeps
he often drools. He's a happy, active, almost two year old, inside only,
Siamese mix. He has good eating habits (thanks to my discipline), good and
consistent litter box habits and drinks plenty of water. He has no mouth
problems that I can ascertain and has regular visits to the vet (one coming
up in a couple of months). I'm a bit worried because now that I've been
looking, I notice the wet spots where he's been sleeping. Frankly, I do the
same thing myself sometimes and there's nothing wrong with me, but I am a
bit of a worried Dad type. Comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
--
www.DuendeDrama.org
Bringing Plays and Stories

Old January 14th 04, 04:21 AM
Sara

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:45:18 -0800, "Thomas F. Maguire"
wrote:

I've seen this discussed in the past and have observed in my guy that when
he's very happy, he sometimes drools. I've also noticed that when he sleeps
he often drools. He's a happy, active, almost two year old, inside only,
Siamese mix. He has good eating habits (thanks to my discipline), good and
consistent litter box habits and drinks plenty of water. He has no mouth
problems that I can ascertain and has regular visits to the vet (one coming
up in a couple of months). I'm a bit worried because now that I've been
looking, I notice the wet spots where he's been sleeping. Frankly, I do the
same thing myself sometimes and there's nothing wrong with me, but I am a
bit of a worried Dad type. Comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

I've had two drooling cats.

Timmy drooled due to tooth & gum problems. If you are worried, please
take your kitty to the vet for a dental checkup. Early diagnosis
will save the cat some pain and you some money.

Muffin, on the other hand, drools when she's happy, drools when she's
sad, and drools when she's upset. She has no dental problems, has
done this all her life, and it seems that this is just another way she
expresses herself!

HTH,
Sara

Old January 26th 04, 05:59 AM
Shaggin

lol i had to laugh at first because my male cat does the same thing and i
never thought anything of it except lol that it was gross. Anyway we got him
when he was a baby and we had to feed him with a bottle and kitty formula
for his mother had abandoned him. So he sucks on things aparently looking
for his mother still. When he gets tired or loving he sucks on whatever he
is on weather its my shirt sleeve or a blanket or the couch. So he is
sucking when he is sleeping and making drool spots. Its gross but I really
dont think in my case there is anything wrong dental wise with him but i
will check his gums and see. let me know about your cat and maybe yours has
the same odd issues as mine hehe.