worming

Old August 1st 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
looby_lou

Default worming

hi there my cat gizzy had 5 kittens 2 weeks ago i am a bit concerend as my
cat was treated for fleas b4 she had her litter and they now have fleas, plus
i was wondering how old does the kittens need to be before i worm them i am
new to this as my cat is a first time mother any other usful tips as well
would be very welcome, i love my cat very much and dont want anything to
happen to her babies so please give me all the advice you can much
appritiated from looby and gizzy x

Old August 1st 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

The kittens should be seen by a vet and wormed by a vet. It is dangerous to
worm them yourself. Also, please purchase a flea comb and comb the fleas
from the kittens. Kittens are fragile and the fleas will debilitate them.
Also, please have your cat spayed. There are too many unwanted cats and
kittens already. Also, your cat will be healthier spayed.
Gail

Old August 1st 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kraut

I agree the kitten should be dewormed by a vet. I know that that
seems to be a broken record here that when anyone asks advice they are
told to "See a vet" but that is the best advice a person can give most
of the time.

Kittens are to fragile IMO to be given any OTC meds fpr anything.
They should not be treated with flea meds but as mentioned earlier be
combed with a flea comb.

cat worming question Pat Cat anecdotes 4 July 14th 06 01:28 PM
worming feral kitties [email protected] Cat rescue 1 October 22nd 05 10:55 AM
Worming pill only administered by vet? T. Early Cat health & behaviour 50 January 28th 04 03:12 PM
Worming pill & the vet follow up T. Early Cat health & behaviour 6 January 13th 04 06:42 PM