Sal's big day

Old October 21st 08, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

Default Sal's big day

Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I certainly
won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is making my big male
feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox needs changing every few days
so that I can breathe through my nose. So he's grown a lot in 6 weeks and
seems to have discovered the comforts of a bed. He's taking it over. 8
pounds of kitten can take up an entire bed, go figure. So I am of course
worried about the surgery even though I know things will be OK. This is the
first time I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they came to me
pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?

Paul

Old October 21st 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:21:14 -0700, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I certainly
won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is making my big male
feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox needs changing every few days
so that I can breathe through my nose. So he's grown a lot in 6 weeks and
seems to have discovered the comforts of a bed. He's taking it over. 8
pounds of kitten can take up an entire bed, go figure. So I am of course
worried about the surgery even though I know things will be OK. This is the
first time I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they came to me
pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?

Paul

None of my cats every complained afterwards nor even seemed to know
that anything was done. The girls have a tougher time but it's still
the anesthesia that bothers them.
Old October 21st 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

The boys hardly seem to notice IME. They don't even need stitches. Sal
should be running around in no time.
Old October 21st 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I certainly
won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is making my big
male feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox needs changing every
few days so that I can breathe through my nose. So he's grown a lot in 6
weeks and seems to have discovered the comforts of a bed. He's taking it
over. 8 pounds of kitten can take up an entire bed, go figure. So I am
of course worried about the surgery even though I know things will be OK.
This is the first time I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they
came to me pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?

Just dropped him off - man did he fight me. I have a feeling he knew
something was up. He has gained a whole pound and a half in only 4 weeks -
from 7 to 8.5 pounds. That is amazing - he's going to be a big cat. But
now I get to worry all day. If this is like the last time he'll curse me
for a whole week.

Paul

Old October 21st 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Paul M. Cook" wrote

Just dropped him off - man did he fight me. I have a feeling he knew
something was up.

He just smelled "vet." He's not nearly as emotionally attached to his nuts
as you are to yours.

Old October 21st 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

On 21 Oct, 00:21, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
.. *Do they feel much pain from it?

When my friend Mick had his cat Sam done he says a few hours after Sam
got back from the vets he was having a wash and when he got to his
rear end- he stopped, looked as if to say "Huh? I am sure there was
something there before!" then went on with his washing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 21st 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bobblespin

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in
:

Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I
certainly won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is
making my big male feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox
needs changing every few days so that I can breathe through my nose.
So he's grown a lot in 6 weeks and seems to have discovered the
comforts of a bed. He's taking it over. 8 pounds of kitten can take
up an entire bed, go figure. So I am of course worried about the
surgery even though I know things will be OK. This is the first time
I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they came to me
pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?

Paul

I've had 4 males snipped over the years and not one had a reaction, needed
stitches, or acted differently once fully awake.

Bobble
Old October 24th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

"bobblespin" wrote in message
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in
:

Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I
certainly won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is
making my big male feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox
needs changing every few days so that I can breathe through my nose.
So he's grown a lot in 6 weeks and seems to have discovered the
comforts of a bed. He's taking it over. 8 pounds of kitten can take
up an entire bed, go figure. So I am of course worried about the
surgery even though I know things will be OK. This is the first time
I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they came to me
pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?

Paul

I've had 4 males snipped over the years and not one had a reaction, needed
stitches, or acted differently once fully awake.

Bobble

Yea, it's pretty much a non-issue.