Main Coon puts mice in his food

Old June 11th 05, 09:04 PM
sideshowhaas

Default Main Coon puts mice in his food

Okay, not real mice, but those fake mice that cost under $1 at the pet
store. He puts them in his food and water bowls. Is he trying to tell
us something? Like,"you see, it's not ME eating and drinking all
this...it's the mice." These are the same mice he drops at the foot of
the bed, as a prize, for me to step on at night. Does he not like to
eat alone?

On a side note, we now keep the cilantro outside. We decided to grow,
outside also, some catnip for him. He is now a junkie for fresh catnip
and chopped pickles. We like to give him those in the bathtub where his
purring echoes. It gets pretty loud.

Old June 11th 05, 09:16 PM
Mary

"sideshowhaas" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, not real mice, but those fake mice that cost under $1 at the pet
store. He puts them in his food and water bowls. Is he trying to tell
us something? Like,"you see, it's not ME eating and drinking all
this...it's the mice." These are the same mice he drops at the foot of
the bed, as a prize, for me to step on at night. Does he not like to
eat alone?

Man, this is weird. Maybe he wants to add a little mousie flavor?

On a side note, we now keep the cilantro outside. We decided to grow,
outside also, some catnip for him. He is now a junkie for fresh catnip
and chopped pickles. We like to give him those in the bathtub where his
purring echoes. It gets pretty loud.

Now this is just plain hilarious. Rephrased is best: "I feed my
cat pickles and catnip in the bathtub!"

I want to see this cat!!

Old June 12th 05, 01:07 AM
KellyH

"sideshowhaas" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, not real mice, but those fake mice that cost under $1 at the pet
store. He puts them in his food and water bowls. Is he trying to tell
us something? Like,"you see, it's not ME eating and drinking all
this...it's the mice." These are the same mice he drops at the foot of
the bed, as a prize, for me to step on at night. Does he not like to
eat alone?

I have seen this before. I don't really know why cats do it, but I'm just
guessing that he is seeing the mousies as his "kill" so he is putting them
with his other food for safekeeping?

On a side note, we now keep the cilantro outside. We decided to grow,
outside also, some catnip for him. He is now a junkie for fresh catnip
and chopped pickles. We like to give him those in the bathtub where his
purring echoes. It gets pretty loud.

That sounds adorable!

-Kelly

Old June 12th 05, 01:42 AM
Cheryl

On Sat 11 Jun 2005 04:04:07p, sideshowhaas wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

Okay, not real mice, but those fake mice that cost under $1 at
the pet store. He puts them in his food and water bowls. Is he
trying to tell us something? Like,"you see, it's not ME eating
and drinking all this...it's the mice." These are the same mice
he drops at the foot of the bed, as a prize, for me to step on
at night. Does he not like to eat alone?

My former feral Bonnie has a little family of "play-n-squeak" mice
that she takes very good care of. They never get lost under the
furniture or the refrigerator. I often find one of the 4 (the one
with a broken squeaker) in the kitchen on the rug in front of the
sink. Sometimes I find one of the working ones in the kitchen, but
I *always* find the broken one there even when I put it back in the
toybox. She has a distictive meow when she talks to them, too.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Old June 12th 05, 08:06 AM
bigbadbarry

Mary wrote:

Man, this is weird. Maybe he wants to add a little mousie flavor?

On a side note, we now keep the cilantro outside. We decided to grow,
outside also, some catnip for him. He is now a junkie for fresh catnip
and chopped pickles. We like to give him those in the bathtub where his
purring echoes. It gets pretty loud.

Now this is just plain hilarious. Rephrased is best: "I feed my
cat pickles and catnip in the bathtub!"

I want to see this cat!!

WTF! is wrong with you! You the english teacher now?

Ok Smart ASS! You left out the chopped, and loud echoing purrs.

You ass!

Old June 12th 05, 08:11 AM
bigbadbarry

sideshowhaas wrote:
Okay, not real mice, but those fake mice that cost under $1 at the pet
store. He puts them in his food and water bowls. Is he trying to tell
us something? Like,"you see, it's not ME eating and drinking all
this...it's the mice." These are the same mice he drops at the foot of
the bed, as a prize, for me to step on at night. Does he not like to
eat alone?

On a side note, we now keep the cilantro outside. We decided to grow,
outside also, some catnip for him. He is now a junkie for fresh catnip
and chopped pickles. We like to give him those in the bathtub where his
purring echoes. It gets pretty loud.

Don't let ol' brown finger tell you how to post, you write like you
want.
Ol' crooked finger is probably the biggest dumb ass on her always
spouting her mouth off and trying to bend everyone into a very tiny
box.

You write how you want to, without regard as to wether or not the
english is proper. I understood you just fine.

Old June 24th 05, 06:41 AM
Sandy

I have to keep my bedroom door closed at night :-( because Sundance will
NOT let me sleep. Once in a while when I open it in the morning, there are
cat toys all in a row right along the threshhold!

Sandy

Old June 24th 05, 06:54 AM
Mary

"Sandy" wrote in message
om...
I have to keep my bedroom door closed at night :-( because Sundance will
NOT let me sleep. Once in a while when I open it in the morning, there

are
cat toys all in a row right along the threshhold!

Aww! Sandy, he loves you! He's bringing you breakfast! What a sweet boy.

Sandy