Ping Kilikini

Old June 21st 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Kilikini

kilikini wrote:
snip
Thank God I found a private agency that gets funding through rich
individuals who are willing to help. The surgeon and hospital get paid
through this, so no further money comes out of Americans pockets.

It's a win-win situation.

kili

I do wish you the very best, kili!
We continue to purr for you and send best wishes and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old June 21st 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:

snip
I'm going to have two lumps removed under local anesthsia. They will then
send the lumps to the pathologist for the biopsy. If cancer is present,
I'll have to come back for a second surgery to remove the lymph nodes, which
will then be tested. If they're clean, I'm good. If they're not, I have to
decide upon radiation or a mastectomy.

The important thing is that the surgery is covered AND I have filed for
disability/medicaid for any future problems.

It's been such a long ordeal, but there's finally light at the end of the
tunnel.

kili

We are purring for you and are sending best wishes for the lumps to be
benign.
We are thinking of you, sending gentle hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old June 21st 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Rhonda" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message

Oh my god I am so happy. I just can't even post I've been so worried for

you

and felt so helpless. I'm just crying and will continue to pray that a
lumpectomy does the job for you. Bless you Kili.

I'm not giving up yet; I've contacted the Montel Williams show and

Oprah.
I'm going to be the breast cancer advocate. I'm a fighter and now I

have a
reason to fight. I'll get the laws changed so this doesn't happen to

anyone
else. Watch me.

You go, girl!

Good for you, we need people like you to change things.

Tell me what day you're going to be on Oprah. I'll be parked in front of
the screen with popcorn, yelling my head off.

You were so sick on Monday I was worried about you and the appt, I'm so
glad to read your post today.

We still have everything crossed for you -- cats, rabbits, and humans.
In fact, the cats want to know when they can uncross because they have
to go to the bathroom.

Rhonda

Thanks, Rhonda. I still have to hear back from Oprah, but I'll keep
contacting them until she gets people like me on. Something's got to
change.

kili

Old June 21st 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"polonca12000" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:

[...]

Thank you! My surgery has been moved up to Tuesday and I'm hoping for the
best!

kili

Old June 21st 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Purrs coming that everything turns out well.

*NEVER* stop fighting! Your state of mind has *ENORMOUS* effect on the
outcome. 25 years ago I had a friend who first had one breast removed,

then
the other, then a hysterectomy, then a mass in her knee removed as cancer
progressed throughout her body. This was back when cancer treatment was
still fairly primitive. She had chemotherapy and radiation therapy and

she
was *HORRIBLY* sick for a very long time. But she had four small children
and would tell me, "I *REFUSE* to die and miss my children's graduations

and
weddings!". She is still alive and well today!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Your mind definitely does have an enormous effect; I absolutely agree! I,
to be honest, didn't feel like I had much to live for when this all came up,
but now I know I'm here to be a breast cancer advocate. It is going to be
my job to make sure people in my situation get coverage. This is going to
be my personal goal. I will start a fund, I'll be the next Oprah. Watch
me. I'm going to make things move. I don't want any other woman out there
to go through what I've gone through. I feel so powerful right now, isn't
that weird? :~)

kili

Old June 22nd 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

*GOOD FOR YOU*!!! Gawd knows we need somebody to shine a bright light on
our health care system in this country, I wish you all the success in the
world with that *AND* with recovering!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 22nd 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Part of this is based on the fact that it does *not* cost a married couple
twice as much as a single person. That is, a single person without children
will pay approximately as much for a home as a married couple without
children because they obviously do not need to pay for two homes. Likewise,
food costs more for a married couple than for a single person but not a
great deal more because certain ingredients need to be purchased at about
the same amounts.

I see your point, but I also see some flaws in it. I think it depends
on prior standards of living.

If you're a single person and you are living in a bachelor apartment
(basically using your living room as a bedroom, with a kitchen and a
bathroom ) or a rooming house (semi-private bedroom, shared bathroom
and kitchen) you can rent as low as $350/month, whereas a
single-bedroom apartment is twice that in this town. There are a lot
of families who will rent out rooms to singles, but won't allow
couples. And since they're not really "landlords"--they're letting you
share their home for money as opposed to giving you a property of your
own to rent--the laws are hazy and they can be much more restrictive
than rental companies.

While a house is the same price no matter how many live in it, rentals
can be different. You can't fit two people into a rooming house room
very easily, even if it is allowed. You're also assuming the people,
when single, were paying for homes instead of couch-surfing or some
such.

And you can live even cheaper than that--as a single person, I was able
to couch-surf at friends' houses for weeks/months and didn't have a
fixed address or pay rent for the months in between school and military
service. That changed when I became part of a couple and felt the duty
to help provide a permanent home and fixed address for my partner, and
we were paying rent 12 months of the year on an apartment instead of me
rooming for 8 months, barracking free for 3 and couch-surfing for 1.

Once I found myself in a "family," I had expensive obligations I didn't
have when it was just me.

I also felt bad about feeding him the stuff I scadged to eat when I was
single, like the landlord's leftovers or old field rations from the
base. So I felt obliged to cough up my share of purchasing food.

I guess I could've said no, but I don't know how well he would have
adapted to my nomadic lifestyle. I also don't know anyone who would
have let BOTH of us live in their house for under $600/month, which is
what we paid in rent on our first apartment (prior to that, I'd been
paying no more than $400 at the maximum, and often, nothing. I'd never
signed a lease and never rented from a company. And prior to that,
he'd been living with his family as a dependent, for "free" [ie, free
to him, cost borne by his parents along with the cost of his two
brothers].)

--Fil

Old June 22nd 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Not weird, but wonderful. You go, girl!

Joy

Old June 22nd 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

Part of this is based on the fact that it does *not* cost a married
couple
twice as much as a single person. That is, a single person without
children
will pay approximately as much for a home as a married couple without
children because they obviously do not need to pay for two homes.
Likewise,
food costs more for a married couple than for a single person but not a
great deal more because certain ingredients need to be purchased at about
the same amounts.

I see your point, but I also see some flaws in it. I think it depends
on prior standards of living.

Yes, but that's whay it reall is difficult to determine "equity" -- that is,
we do not live alike (single or married). Much probably also depends on
age -- students will have a different life style than retired people (again,
regardless of marital status), yet I also know young newlyweds who expect to
move into homes of the same standard as their parents who have married for
many years. I never lived in the same type of arrangements as you
described, and couples who talk about not getting married because of the
"marriage tax" sometimes are *already* sharing a home.

Not an easy cost to analyze...

MaryL

Old June 22nd 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:

I'm going to have two lumps removed under local anesthsia. They will then
send the lumps to the pathologist for the biopsy. If cancer is present,
I'll have to come back for a second surgery to remove the lymph nodes, which
will then be tested. If they're clean, I'm good. If they're not, I have to
decide upon radiation or a mastectomy.

The important thing is that the surgery is covered AND I have filed for
disability/medicaid for any future problems.

It's been such a long ordeal, but there's finally light at the end of the
tunnel.

Kili

I'm so glad that things are starting to work out. Cancer is an
expensive disease and so hard to get financial help for. I wish I could
have done more to help you out.

Pam S.