Ping Kilikini

Old June 22nd 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Kilikini

{{{{{{{{{{kili}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy

Old June 22nd 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thanks, Rhonda. I still have to hear back from Oprah, but I'll keep
contacting them until she gets people like me on. Something's got to
change.

kili

Don't forget your local and national news agencies, too. And PBS.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old June 22nd 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote:

The heck with what healthcare Congress is provided, let's just use

some of our defense budget! We're already the most lethal country
in the world (nobody else could possibly overcome our military
might) and we have the capability of destroying the world a hundred
times over. If we took just a *fraction* of those *billions* of
dollars to save lives rather than research how to destory them, we
wouldn't *have* a healthcare problem in the US!

And yet, with all those billions in the defense budget, many soldiers
in Iraq don't even have adequate equipment, or enough of other living
essentials such as soap and even FOOD. Where in god's name is that money
going??

You have to ASK? (Remember the $300 toilet seats?)

Ok, I'm getting PO'd here. Do you know that most of the defense budget
goes to programs other than defense? Remember that bovine methane gas
study? Congress financed that out of department of defense moneys.
Defense money covers Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve Units, and
is still removed by congress to cover their pet pork projects. Defense
funds covers emergency relief efforts (can you say Katrina and Rita? I
knew you could). State and local governments do not re-imburse the
military for any of those expenses.

Military medevac units transfer critically injured and ill patients to
trauma units all over the world. Most of the wounded and injured that
Rob's units transferred to hospital care were CIVILIANS the us army does
not charge countries or individuals for those services.

Defense money often pays for diplomatic programs in other countries.
When Rob was stationed in Europe, Defense money covered a good portion
of the American presence in the peaceful negotiated split of the
Slovenian nations. He knew this as his unit provided a lot of the
transportation for diplomats, their staff, and their security teams from
one place to another as needed. Military money paid for the expenses of
both the military units providing services and some of the civilian
staff involved.

And do you know what military personnel receive for all those years of
16-20 hour days? Rob receives $1750 a month combined retirement and
disability payment for a cancer he probably received in Desert Storm.
He gets told that he shouldn't even receive that much. He gets called a
baby killer, torturer, and rapist. He is told that the money that he
should have received in equipment and wages is being wasted on $300
toilet seats. He is told that the medical program that barely covers
his family is redundant and that the government shouldn't have to cover
his insurance, let alone his family's. He has been spit at,
propositioned, threatened, and called things that should have got
someone's mouth washed out with soap.

I get to read people in her reviling the very military that makes it
possible for people to post some of the nastiest sentiments I've ever
read about a country of profession. If someone were to post such stuff
about, say Finland (Sorry Marina and Christina) everyone in here,
including me, would be up in arms. But because I agree with Rob for his
reasons for going into the military, I mark the meanness as read, and
try to ignore the hateful things said about my country, president, and
my husband's profession.

I agree that America is far from perfect and that there are times when I
wonder why I voted for George W. Bush. (I don't wonder why I didn't
vote for A. Gore). Sometimes I think that living in another country
would be wonderful. At least I wouldn't have to read this crap.

I love all you people, but I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I need a vacation from
your hateful spite. I will come back when I have calmed down enough to
decide whether to apologize to you or not. Right now I feel as though
Rob and I, especially ROB deserves the apology.

Pam S.

Old June 22nd 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:

Your mind definitely does have an enormous effect; I absolutely agree! I,
to be honest, didn't feel like I had much to live for when this all came up,
but now I know I'm here to be a breast cancer advocate. It is going to be
my job to make sure people in my situation get coverage. This is going to
be my personal goal. I will start a fund, I'll be the next Oprah. Watch
me. I'm going to make things move. I don't want any other woman out there
to go through what I've gone through. I feel so powerful right now, isn't
that weird? :~)

kili

Good for you, kili!
Lots and lots of health purrs and best wishes for success in your endeavors,
Polonca and Soncek

Old June 22nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

nk.net...

wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote:

[...]

Pam, the very fact that we're spending billions of dollars on defense and
soldiers are *not* equipped as they should be, and veterans are *not* taken
care of as they should be, is exactly what ****es me off so bad. I have
*NO* problem with the men and women who serve our country, I have *NEVER*
been disrespectful of soldiers who have put themselves in harms way for my
freedoms (and I lived through Viet Nam and succored friends who came back
broken and battered in both body and spirit and reputation from that
debacle).

The fact that George Bush and his cronies lied to get us to go to war with
Iraq, and *WAY* too many young men and women have died there (the latest
tortured and beheaded) and have to construct their own, inadequate
shielding, do not have a proper diet, etc. - well, that makes me *VERY*
angry... but not at *THEM*.

I am sorry if anything I wrote upset you. I have only the greatest respect
for our soldiers, and I have the greatest love for my country, but I have
lost all respect or trust in the people currently governing it.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters at:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old June 23rd 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"polonca12000" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:

[...]

Thanks! I appreciate all purrs. :~)

kili

Old June 26th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:50:51 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

I was never assigned a social worker, though. *I* found a social service
agency that's in the process of helping me (and I've sent off all the
paperwork), but I also found funding through a private organization called
Healthy Women Today that's funding the entire thing. I went to another
surgical consult on Monday (I like this surgeon better, anyway) and they're
pushing up my surgery. It's supposed to be Friday, but the funding may not
come through in time. I'm expecting a phone call from a hospital today to
tell me where I have to go and when.

I'm going to have two lumps removed under local anesthsia. They will then
send the lumps to the pathologist for the biopsy. If cancer is present,
I'll have to come back for a second surgery to remove the lymph nodes, which
will then be tested. If they're clean, I'm good. If they're not, I have to
decide upon radiation or a mastectomy.

The important thing is that the surgery is covered AND I have filed for
disability/medicaid for any future problems.

It's been such a long ordeal, but there's finally light at the end of the
tunnel.

kili

I am so glad to hear this, kili. Purrs surrounding you for successful
surgery and treatment.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old June 26th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Ginger-Lyn. I actually go for my pre-op today and surgery is
scheduled for tomorrow. I'm hoping for the best.

kili

Old June 26th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

Mega purrs for Tuesday.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)