Kitty Cat Litter Box Cake recipie

Old July 7th 05, 02:31 PM
dgk

Default Kitty Cat Litter Box Cake recipie

The cheesecake mini-thread reminded me of this one, which I probably
pulled from here originally:

Kitty Litter Cake

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 package vanilla sandwich cookies
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new (and definitely unused) kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new Pooper Scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor,
scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup.

To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and
mix using a fork or shake in a jar.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl.
Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled
pudding. (Mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don’t
want it soggy. Combine gently).

Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box. Put
three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until
soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving
slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture.

Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green
cookie crumbs lightly over the top. (This is supposed to
look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.)

Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them
on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs.

Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until
pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it
lightly with cookie crumbs.

Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs
around. Serve with a new pooper scooper.

Now, if you want to make a true kitty litter cake, you might be
realistic.....

First, tip the cake pan on it’s side so some of the “litter” spills
out onto the table. Then scatter some half-melted Tootsie Rolls right
in front of the pan.Finally, thoroughly melt a few of those candies
and, with the side of your fist, grind them into the tablecloth. Stand
back, and admire your work.

Enjoy.

Donna Roberds

Old July 7th 05, 03:12 PM
Trish

"dgk" wrote in message
The cheesecake mini-thread reminded me of this one, which I probably
pulled from here originally:

Kitty Litter Cake

Donna Roberds

lol this looks great! thanks

Old July 7th 05, 07:03 PM
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Trish exclaimed (07-Jul-05 3:12 PM):
"dgk" wrote in message

The cheesecake mini-thread reminded me of this one, which I probably
pulled from here originally:

Kitty Litter Cake

Donna Roberds

lol this looks great! thanks

Agreed! Wish I was brave enough to bring something like this to an
office party!

jmc
Old July 7th 05, 08:17 PM
Candace

jmc wrote:

Agreed! Wish I was brave enough to bring something like this to an
office party!

I've seen a photo of this cake and it looks truly grotesque. I'm not
sure that even I could bring myself to eat it. It would really gross
out the sort of people I work with!

Candace

Old July 7th 05, 10:34 PM
KellyH

"dgk" wrote in message
The cheesecake mini-thread reminded me of this one, which I probably
pulled from here originally:

Kitty Litter Cake

snip

We made this cake for a shelter volunteer's birthday. It was a big hit!

-Kelly

Old July 8th 05, 12:01 AM
Mary

"dgk" wrote in message

The cheesecake mini-thread reminded me of this one, which I probably
pulled from here originally:

Kitty Litter Cake

Donna Roberds

lol this looks great! thanks

Agreed! Wish I was brave enough to bring something like this to an
office party!

Oh, come on, you can do it!! It would be hilarious!

Old July 8th 05, 12:29 AM
Mary

"KellyH" kelly at farringtons dot net wrote in message

"dgk" wrote in message
The cheesecake mini-thread reminded me of this one, which I probably
pulled from here originally:

Kitty Litter Cake

snip

We made this cake for a shelter volunteer's birthday. It was a big hit!

The ingredients sound delish. Did you take any photos?

Old July 8th 05, 12:34 AM
Rhonda

I have made this cake -- it is truly life-like. Someone brought it into
work for Halloween and no one would eat it. Of course I HAD to have the
recipe!

Take one or two of the warm tootsie rolls and hang them over the edge of
the litter box. It makes it even grosser.

After I brought that cake to a party, I was asked specifically not to
bring one to the next party!

Rhonda

Old July 8th 05, 01:00 AM
Trish

"Rhonda" wrote in message
I have made this cake -- it is truly life-like. Someone brought it into
work for Halloween and no one would eat it. Of course I HAD to have the
recipe!

Take one or two of the warm tootsie rolls and hang them over the edge of
the litter box. It makes it even grosser.

After I brought that cake to a party, I was asked specifically not to
bring one to the next party!

Rhonda

lol I definitely have to try it. Thee's one way to avoid ever having to
bring pot luck!