Dry-Food amounts help needed---NO CYBERCAT COMMENTS WANTED OR NEEDED!

Old July 28th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mystro

Default Dry-Food amounts help needed---NO CYBERCAT COMMENTS WANTED OR NEEDED!

Note on subject: Cybercat wants to push her opinion regardless of what
question is asked and frankly she's not very intelligent and her
posting history shows she excel's in both rude and crude..she's not
wanted.

ok

My two house-mates (Pete and Fred) gained too much when I tried using
one of those feeders they seem to be nibbling all day long so I
decided to purchase a 8-day auto feeder a few months ago, set to
open twice a day at 6am and 5pm with heaping 1/3 of a cup serving at
each serving, they've lost some much needed weight but now I'm
concerned I'm not giving them enough to maintain a good healthy
weight
especially since they are purely house cats although they usually
clean the
serving dish between feedings- but not always. They have always ate
Chicken Soup for the Cat but I recently switched to the Lite version
both have always thrived on CSFTCLS with beautiful
clear eyes, shiny coats, clean strong teeth and gums and very
playful.

The bag instructions as usual are vague but better then most
companies..they recommend 1/3 to 2/3's of a cup "per day per cat", if
I go by that and I'm feeding them 2/3 total but now they are at the
proper weight
suggestion's on correct amounts would be appreciated

Pete and Fred are currently at 9-10 pounds @ 2 1/2 yo they seem to be
getting close to ideal for their bigger size.

Old July 28th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

The bag instructions as usual are vague but better then most
companies..they recommend 1/3 to 2/3's of a cup "per day per cat", if
I go by that and I'm feeding them 2/3 total but now they are at the
proper weight
*suggestion's on correct amounts would be appreciated

If you're concerned about your cats gaining weight, I would talk to
your vet about the amount of food you should give them. IME, following
the amount listed on the bag is not very helpful. Manufacturers want
you to feed more so you buy more often.

FWIW, I have had poor experience with any food marked "lite" or
"light." One of my own cats gained weight on light food, even with
careful monitoring of portions and no treats. He did not lose any
weight until I switched him to an all-canned diet. I realize that you
are not interested in feeding wet food, but the truth is, some cats
can't metabolize dry food very well.
Old July 28th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"mystro" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, but I happen to agree with Cybercat - if you can't even be bothered
to dump dry food in their bowls you really should see about giving them to
someone who can and get stuffed animals.

CatNipped

Old July 28th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"mystro"

Why does her opinion ring true and your pridegets in the way of a aggressive
out spoken woman being right

Cybercat is always welcome here and she calls it as she sees it. Be lucky I
am taking a break from telling it how it is or that catnipped did not show
you how she can peel turnips from 50 feet away

Old July 29th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mystro

On Jul 28, 2:52*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Sorry, but I happen to agree with Cybercat - if you can't even be bothered
to dump dry food in their bowls you really should see about giving them to
someone who can and get stuffed animals.

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Good grief its Cybercat's co-signer..

At the very least get your facts straight and stop mimicking someone
else especially someone less intelligent. Remedial question #1..how
do you think those 8 bowls
get filled with FOOD?? by some magic food fairy? DUH! Bonus question
(and this is big points) will you ever be smart enough to ask people
why they do things the way they do them and why *before you look like
a raving idiot in the mirror..is that too damn complicated for ya?

When you co-sign for an idiot then you deserve to be treated like one,
do your own thinking and reading and in this case what you should have
done was write virtually ZERO in this thread and let helpful *thinking
people do the real answering.

Thanks Rene..I was beginning to have my doubts about Usenet RPCH
+B..unfortunantly I'm convinced this newsgroup has deteriorated beyond
what I'm looking for and is no longer the friendly helpful place it
was known for and it damn sure ain't like the old days..but I finally
found where many are.

Old July 29th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mystro

Thanks Cheryl, I feel better about the place already. Actually I lied
alittle..I do feed these guys a half-can of no-wheat gluten Fancy
Feast just before their dinner bell 3 times a week.. so I'm not such a
ogre after all.

On Jul 28, 4:17*pm, Cheryl wrote:
On Mon 28 Jul 2008 03:19:07p, Rene S. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
.
com:

FWIW, I have had poor experience with any food marked "lite" or
"light." One of my own cats gained weight on light food, even
with careful monitoring of portions and no treats. He did not
lose any weight until I switched him to an all-canned diet. I
realize that you are not interested in feeding wet food, but the
truth is, some cats can't metabolize dry food very well.

Years ago I tried to get a cat to lose weight on lite dry food
(Science Diet IIRC) before I knew about these groups. *I didn't
measure the food and he free fed, but thinking since it was a 'lite'
food he was getting less calories. *Lite food is full of fiber rather
than protein and it takes more to satiate them. *They just eat more.
And even if you measure it out, you have a hungry grumpy cat all the
time who is looking for any source of food he can find.

--
Cheryl

Old July 29th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

This is how Boo got to be 18 pounds before we got her.

Old July 29th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:52:21 -0500 from CatNipped
:

Sorry, but I happen to agree with Cybercat - if you can't even be bothered
to dump dry food in their bowls you really should see about giving them to
someone who can and get stuffed animals.

For crying out loud. How exactly is it worse for the cat to have an
automatic feeder than to put food in the bowls manually?

I personally wouldn't have an automatic feeder because it's just one
more gadget to go wrong. But it seems like some of you are making
this out to be a huge moral issue.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Old July 29th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jul 28, 12:47 pm, mystro wrote:
[...]

I just wanted to say My vet has told me that feeding your cat straight
can food can give then diarrhea, so I give them dry food and the are
very healthy and active I give them canned food as a treat every now
and again and I use a self feed dish where you just pour food in it
when it is low and none of my cats are fat from it they only eat from
it when they are hungry it has nothing to do with being lazy if I was
to leave it in the bag and just pour a little at a time for them they
would tear in to the bag no matter where I hide the bag they always
find it, so it doesn't matter what you feed them in as long as you
feed them thats all I have to say on this subject goodbye for now hope
it helps you Mystro. P.S. I think your cats are lucky to have you in
their life my cats Cali, Lilly May and Thomas Jefferson aka TJ says to
tell Pete and Fred hi for them.
Old July 29th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"mystro" wrote in message
On Jul 28, 2:52 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Sorry, but I happen to agree with Cybercat - if you can't even be bothered
to dump dry food in their bowls you really should see about giving them to
someone who can and get stuffed animals.

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Good grief its Cybercat's co-signer..

Cybercat's friend, and proud of it. Hey, BTW, why don't you fix your
newsread to it attributes correctly, is that beyond your ability along with
your inability to do simple things like care for cats?

At the very least get your facts straight and stop mimicking someone
else especially someone less intelligent. Remedial question #1..how
do you think those 8 bowls

Um, from what you said about an automatic feeder!!?

get filled with FOOD?? by some magic food fairy? DUH! Bonus question
(and this is big points) will you ever be smart enough to ask people
why they do things the way they do them and why *before you look like
a raving idiot in the mirror..is that too damn complicated for ya?

Where I come from there are *no* excuses for mistreating animals (and giving
them stale dry food in an automatic feeder is mistreatment). So, I really
don't care what your excuse is, it wouldn't have changed my comment.

When you co-sign for an idiot then you deserve to be treated like one,

Since I'm not helping Cybercat obtain a loan, I have no idea what you mean
by "co-sign". Were you by chance going for "co-dependent"? That wouldn't
work either, but the insult would have been more in context.

do your own thinking and reading and in this case what you should have
done was write virtually ZERO in this thread and let helpful *thinking
people do the real answering.

LOL! The "thinking" people here seem to have come to the same conclusion
Cybercat and I came to, judging by the plethora of helpful answers you got.
I had a little time for dalliance so I used it to tell you what a dunce you
are - otherwise, like the others, I wouldn't have bothered with a piece of
work like you!

Thanks Rene..I was beginning to have my doubts about Usenet RPCH
+B..unfortunantly I'm convinced this newsgroup has deteriorated beyond
what I'm looking for and is no longer the friendly helpful place it
was known for and it damn sure ain't like the old days..but I finally
found where many are.

Then please, do feel free to go there, don't let us keep you!

CatNipped