cat geni

Old January 28th 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default cat geni

My brother actually hooked his to the drain in his laundry room and
says that works great. Lee

I think that would be a much better setup. If you can't do anything
else it isn't the end of the world but I would flush before looking

one of the benefits on the short list of not being able to see, Lee

In my experience washing machine plumbing is more prone to failure
than anywhere else in a house. The prospect of washing an entire
machineload of clothes in liquidized used cat litter after a backup
should be easy enough for a blind person to imagine...

I think plumbing codes usually require that a toilet drain has to
be configured so it can't intercommunicate with anything else. Cat
Genies are just too new to have been legislated about yet.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old January 28th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

well I guess that's why I chose a competent DH to deal with those issues, in
fact we don't have those problems because of his proficiency, and besides
where we live, we have few codes, we also had the sense to live where there
aren't that many legislative busybodies, Lee
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote in message
My brother actually hooked his to the drain in his laundry room and
says that works great. Lee
I think that would be a much better setup. If you can't do anything
else it isn't the end of the world but I would flush before looking

one of the benefits on the short list of not being able to see, Lee

In my experience washing machine plumbing is more prone to failure
than anywhere else in a house. The prospect of washing an entire
machineload of clothes in liquidized used cat litter after a backup
should be easy enough for a blind person to imagine...

I think plumbing codes usually require that a toilet drain has to
be configured so it can't intercommunicate with anything else. Cat
Genies are just too new to have been legislated about yet.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk

====
Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739

557
CD-ROMs and free stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic

fonts

Old January 28th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

If you are concerned about intermingling, hook it up to your toilet. I have
septic and have never in my 60 plus years had a backup as you describe from
the laundry room.

Old January 28th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Stormmee wrote:

well I guess that's why I chose a competent DH to deal with those issues, in
fact we don't have those problems because of his proficiency, and besides
where we live, we have few codes, we also had the sense to live where there
aren't that many legislative busybodies, Lee

Not all legislation is done by "busybodiees". It's a matter of public
health. Do you really want liquified kitty poop in your laundry??

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 28th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

exactly my point, if you maintain your plumbing properly and hook it up
right that won't happen, my brother has had his for quite a while now and no
issues... and besides I think this was just a smart remark by someone who
thought they were being cute about my blindness, Lee

Old January 28th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Stormmee" wrote in
:

wrote in message
Stormmee wrote:

well I guess that's why I chose a competent DH to deal with those

issues, in
fact we don't have those problems because of his proficiency, and

besides
where we live, we have few codes, we also had the sense to live
where

there
aren't that many legislative busybodies, Lee

Not all legislation is done by "busybodiees". It's a matter of public
health. Do you really want liquified kitty poop in your laundry??

Joyce

I am amazed this is going around like this. If the washing machine and
the genie are each connected correctly there is a zero chance of
problems. As for laundry connections being more prone to trouble I would
like to see some fact to back that up. In the long run if someone is
interested in a Genie and worried they lack the skill-set to plumb it
more directly than run it into the toilet and be happy. It will work
just fine. Now indoor/outdoor anyone??

Andy
Old January 28th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Why some people equate blindness with stupidity is beyond me. Like you
wouldn't catch an odor before 9 out of 10 people. Geeeze

Old January 29th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

bless your heart, Lee
Outsider wrote in message
. ..