Cat named "Dog of the Year"

Old June 20th 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Cat named "Dog of the Year"

A cat was recently named "Dog of the Year" for its rescue of a
6-year-old autistic boy from a dog that was attacking him.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search...fr=yhs-invalid

It's the first video in the upper lefthand corner.
Old June 21st 15, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
A cat was recently named "Dog of the Year" for its rescue of a 6-year-old
autistic boy from a dog that was attacking him.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search...fr=yhs-invalid

It's the first video in the upper lefthand corner.

It's like the TV ad here atm. A cat comes on and says "when I was a cat, I
wanted a quiet life, but now I'm a dog.." and then all sort of exciting
things happen.
Why cannot that cat be named "Cat of the Year?"

Most cats are afraid of dogs if they haven't been reared with them so I
think that kitty did well. Boyfriend is so scared of dogs that even a tiny
Yorkshire terrier he saw passing by (and it didn't even see him and was half
his size) freaked him out. So best not rely on him to save me ;-)
OTOH, Kitty Farmcat grew up with dogs, I found that out, and given her
"don't you dare mess with me or you are well dead" temperament and her
million claws that she was not afraid to use, she might have done the same
in the same circumstances. She wasn't afraid of anything.
Cats breaking into the house to bully Boyfie..bad idea. 4lbs of pure fury
attached to their back. Local cats were afraid to pass through my garden
for two years after she was gone. Just in case she appeared. There was no
sing song thing about "who will now back off?" like Boyfie does as he now
has to fight his battles himself. No, it was straight on the back with the
claws if there was another cat in her territory, which always makes me
wonder why she allowed Boyfie here and brought him into the house.
I doubt cats have abstract thinking like "this is a lost teenage boy and I
need to allow him into my home" Boyfie would certainly not do it.