Duffy - champion climber

Old November 22nd 03, 03:47 PM
MaryL

Default Duffy - champion climber

My brother and sister-in-law are visiting this weekend. I live in Texas and
they live in Pennsylvania, so this was my sister-in-law's first opportunity
to See Duffy. She "oohed" and "awwed" properly over both of my cats, but
they especially wanted to see Duffy climb the cat tree because they had a
hard time visualizing a blind cat that could do all that I described. I
told them I never tried to get him to climb "on command," but I set him down
at the base to see what would happen. Nothing. Then I set him in the 2nd
tier bed. He promptly *jumped* down to the floor. That actually amazed him
because they didn't see how he could know how far it was to properly time
his jump. Anyway, we had to give up on getting him to climb the tree. They
went back to the living room while I did a couple of things on the computer.
Just a few minutes later, sister-in-law called in to say "he's climbing this
tree." I said, "What tree?" Brother said, "the tree in here." They were
both pretty excited, but I don't have a cat tree in there. By then, I was
moving down the hall but called out again, "Which tree are you talking
about?" "The ficus tree," Mary said." Sure enough, there was Duffy at the
very top of the artificial ficus!! I have seen him start to do that on a
couple of other occasions. Duffy has a mind of his own when it comes to
climbing, so I guess he decided that he would *show off* on his own terms
and not ours. Anyway, they were delighted (and amazed) to see it.
--
MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Holly and Duffy:
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old November 22nd 03, 08:05 PM
Karen M.

MaryL wrote:

[...]

Pictures???? crossing fingers with hope

Old November 22nd 03, 09:36 PM
Jeanne Hedge

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:47:38 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

My brother and sister-in-law are visiting this weekend. I live in Texas and
they live in Pennsylvania, so this was my sister-in-law's first opportunity
to See Duffy. She "oohed" and "awwed" properly over both of my cats, but
they especially wanted to see Duffy climb the cat tree because they had a
hard time visualizing a blind cat that could do all that I described. I

snip

about?" "The ficus tree," Mary said." Sure enough, there was Duffy at the
very top of the artificial ficus!! I have seen him start to do that on a
couple of other occasions. Duffy has a mind of his own when it comes to
climbing, so I guess he decided that he would *show off* on his own terms
and not ours. Anyway, they were delighted (and amazed) to see it.

Way to go Duffy! ^.^

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com