The kitty litter factory

Old June 16th 04, 09:14 PM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
Since my last programming job ended I've been driving a
truck. Not a bad gig overall, other than getting paid so
little that I'm going broke

So now I know where out cat litter comes from!

Dan

Dan, I feel for ya. It's amazing how in this high tech world, us techie's
can't seem to find jobs. I haven't been out of work all that long, and I've
had help from my long lost love being paid for working his art shows. But I
know, one of these days, I'll be working in a diner saying "Hi, my name is
Jill, would you like some coffee before you order?"

Best of luck to you. Like others here, it never occurred to me where kitty
litter came from.

Jill

Old June 17th 04, 12:29 AM
Dan M

Purrs for that to pick up. Must be able to keep the kitties in the luxury
they have grown used to! Are you looking for another job?

Yep. Have been since February. Just not a good time to be a programmer
or system administrator. Where the LA Times used to have 4 or 5 pages of
"Help Wanted" ads under the "Computer" category, nowadays they're lucky
to 4 or 5 ads. And each one will probably get 1000 people applying for it.

Old June 17th 04, 12:39 AM
Annie Wxill

"Dan M" wrote in message
..... Just not a good time to be a programmer
or system administrator. Where the LA Times used to have 4 or 5 pages of
"Help Wanted" ads under the "Computer" category, nowadays they're lucky
to 4 or 5 ads. And each one will probably get 1000 people applying for it.

Dan,
Check out the colleges and universities in your area. They generally have a
computer services dept. Many of the workers are students, but the dept.
managers are not.
Annie

Old June 17th 04, 05:06 AM
John F. Eldredge