Thread of Memory and Remembrance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 26th 12, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Thread of Memory and Remembrance

Every year, at about this time, when the veil is thin, we set aside some
time to remember our loved ones who are no longer with us.

Other, related groups, do similar things (RPCC has the Jellicle Ball),
but the RPCA tradition is to list the name of those we wish to remember.
It does not matter whether or not they were 'ours' in a legal sense, nor
what species they were, only that we hold their memory dear.

The traditional format is to list the name of the loved one, (their
species if not a cat in brackets), their house name (that is, the
surname of their family - if it unknown, then "House of Bast" shall do,
as they all belong to Bast as well), RB if they passed away, MIA if they
disappeared, RH if they were rehomed, and a ? if their fate is unknown.
Then follows the year in which they left us (if known), and perhaps a
short sentence of tribute if necessary.

My own Thread of Memory is:

Shmoggleberry, House of Chapman Jr, RB 2007, King of the ******* Cat
Trick; cat of my heart.
Fluffy (D*g), House of Chapman Jr, RB 2010, bestest goggie ever.
Blackie, House of Chapman Sr, MIA & RB by now, first cat.
Snoopy, House of Chapman Sr, RB ~1990, cat of my youth.
Drooling Cat, House of Bast, ? ~1996, friend of train travelers.
Mombala, House of Bast, ? ~2000, An hour's meeting was worth a lifetime.
Shadow, House of Chapman Jr, MIA 2011, looked pampered and prissy, but
could not resist the call of the wild.
Brainy (Budgie), House of Chapman-Nagy, RB 1993, blue terror.
Vomit (Budgie), House of Noon-Chapman-Nagy, RB 1993, died of a broken heart.
Boris (fish), House of Chapman Jr, RB 1985, big personality in such a
small body. Died from love & ignorance.

Ping Yowie Thread of Memory Sharon & Smudgie Cat anecdotes 0 October 25th 12 10:27 AM
Thread of Memory Yowie Cat anecdotes 15 October 31st 11 10:31 PM
Ping Yowie List of Remembrance? Sharon & Smudgie Cat anecdotes 2 October 26th 11 12:10 PM
OT Sept. 11, 2001 a remembrance Matthew Cat anecdotes 7 September 12th 06 01:57 PM
OT Day of remembrance Cheryl Sellner Cat anecdotes 14 January 28th 06 08:30 PM